• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goalkeeper Article in the Grecian - Shocking Error ...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just catching up with last Saturday's programme and nearly fell out of my chair ...

There was a one pager referring to the 4 unforgettable goalies ... which were Jonah, Bayes, Van heusden & Rice.

Now the reason that Rice was selected was that he had played nine more games than Kevin Miller .... WTF !!!

Looking online, Miller did indeed only play 50 odd times in his SECOND spell but he played 200 times for us in his FIRST spell ...

Can we look to remedy this next time around as Ricey wasnt fit to lace Millers drinks, let alone his boots ...

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whoever wrote the article (I am yet to read the programme), needs shooting.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I saw "Goalkeeper Article" and "Shocking Error" in the thread title, I thought it would be about Andy Woodman

ecfctis

Just catching up with last Saturday's programme and nearly fell out of my chair ...

There was a one pager referring to the 4 unforgettable goalies ... which were Jonah, Bayes, Van heusden & Rice.

Now the reason that Rice was selected was that he had played nine more games than Kevin Miller .... WTF !!!

Looking online, Miller did indeed only play 50 odd times in his SECOND spell but he played 200 times for us in his FIRST spell ...

Can we look to remedy this next time around as Ricey wasnt fit to lace Millers drinks, let alone his boots ...
Dead right!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch, that's an absolute shocker.

Rice was part of the team that took us to our first Wembley final, so he will be remembered fondly by me! Can't remember if he actually saved a pen but he was the keeper in goal for that game & shoot out!

Miller should have been in there, yes.

And what about Len Bond?

Thought that but to be fair it says 'since online stats databases' and looking on Soccerbase you can only get the line-ups from the mid 90s!

All the titles are about clean sheets etc and I cant see anywhere Big Kev's record

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember seeing Ricey outside Wembley with his Stone Island gear on, on the way to pub.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Martin Rice was sh*t - end of.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Miller -quality keeper