• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Glastonbury

Stelios

Went to see those Carmichael Brothers at Eden Project last night. Wicked tooons!
Wonderful folk group. Great harmonies. Saw that at the Sidmouth festival once.

Stelios

Anyone there or watching ?

I assume that the bilge I have just heard before switching over was Stormzy ? Feckin’ dire (n)
Used to watch it. I can't even flick over and watch for a few minutes without cringing. The mixture of terrible music and smug artists, presenters and punters drives me over the edge now. I listen to 6Music a lot but Glastonbury coverage always sends me over the edge and I have to hide in a cave for the weekend.

I feel like those old Dads who apparently used to tut at the screen when Bowie was on TOTP in the 70s.

I think it's called Getting Older :(

Last edited:

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Smug presenters.
Jo Whiley's been an insufferable twit for years, nothing new there.

Alistair20000

Jo Whiley's been an insufferable twit for years, nothing new there.
You can verify that by looking at the names she has foisted on her children. (facepalm)

After matey who annoyed me had fooked off stage I heard her wittering away with some other bloke. Verbal diarrhoea (n)

DB9

Glastonbury, The festival for London's middle class and hipsters. BBC wall to wall coverage with the awful Jo Whiley who managed to ruin possibly the best BBC R2 drive time show they'd ever had by her smug unfriendly way of presenting, Even Simon Mayo got ****ed off and left. I always find its strange that they sell out Glastonbury in minutes even before the line up is announced and like most years the line up is ****

Antony Moxey

Enjoyed watching Sheryl Crow yesterday but you couldn’t pay me to watch rubbish like Stormzy. Never had any interest in going to the festival: too many people, too many dickheads, too many poor bands, too much money and too many banners in the crowds blocking the views. Much prefer Beautiful Days and very much looking forward to attending my fifth in six years.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't know why people complain about the line up. I don't think you get Glastonbury. There are over 100 stages. I always enjoy the John Peel Tent and the acoustic tent.

Mr Jinx

I must confess, and this might be the point I turn into my dad, but I just don't get Stormzy.

One or two of his songs I find a bit quirky, but headlining Glasters, someone I think is having a bit of a laugh.

Antony Moxey

I don't know why people complain about the line up. I don't think you get Glastonbury. There are over 100 stages. I always enjoy the John Peel Tent and the acoustic tent.
There’s nothing to ‘get’, it’s just a festival, not some profound life changing period of enlightenment. For me there are too many people which means I’ll never go. I’m not not ‘getting’ anything.

Oldsmobile-88

I must confess, and this might be the point I turn into my dad, but I just don't get Stormzy.
Never heard of them...Thought it was that ‘sort’ that Donald Trump was allegedly involved with :D