• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Glastonbury festival

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I expect it's as good an experience as its always been, and maybe we are all getting old and falling into that "in my day" trap. The music business has changed, the Internet has changed everything, much harder to break through and be massive now as well, nowhere near the sheer volume of quality bands out there anymore. I actually like the fact that it attracts people from all backgrounds / lifestyles as well
I've thought it's cos I may be getting old, but I don't think it is. I still love festivals but I prefer the smaller ones because the people tend to be there for the love of it, not cos its a name or a "tick box" as Swanny wrote earlier.

One thing I've not given nearly enough thought to, is that things have changed in the music industry. That said ,y old mates Wille and the Bandits are out their gigging tirelessly to make a living and they still really struggle.

Whilst in theory I like it that festivals are for all now. It does make a moany, antisocial, nearing middle aged **** like me have to avoid 'em and I can't be dealing with it. So they can **** off overall.

Avening Posse

Come on Angelic, if you were there now, after copious cider and d__gs, wandering around until 6 in the morning, I'm sure you'd feel the love off everybody, even the Ruperts and Debra's who probably would love not being Rupert and Debra just for 3 nights out of their ridiculously stressy lives, would be sound as f__k for those 4 days ?......share the love :)

angelic upstart

If I was their I'd be loving it. Then again, I enjoy almost anything. Simple mind innit.

This franz Ferdinand sparks collaboration is brilliant!

Last edited:

Avening Posse

If I was their I'd be loving it. Then again, I enjoy almost anything. Simple mind innit.

This franz Ferdinand sparks collaboration is brilliant!
Too right mate, I'm lying on my sofa watching the tele wishing I was there again, that Jo Whiley is still my fantasy woman as well :)

angelic upstart

Jo Whiley is still my fantasy woman as well :)
Wash yer mouth!

So many to chose and you come up with her. Don't get me wrong, she's a yay but so far down the list.

Avening Posse

Wash yer mouth!

So many to chose and you come up with her. Don't get me wrong, she's a yay but so far down the list.
Ah !, but I've grown up with her, she's always been spot on with music and my fantasy started as a teenager, top totty and top music taste, what more could a man ask for, I bet she supports City as well, she could spin my decks anytime :D

angelic upstart

Three words - Louise from Sleeper.

Avening Posse

Three words - Louise from Sleeper.
Yeah, she's still alright, but was a lot tidier when I went out with her :).....and then I woke up :)

Avening Posse

Are you witnessing the fish hooks and eye socket thing ?, just came in from the garden after having a fag, very strange !

Avening Posse

Future Islands just come on, top band