• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
England is exceptional and as far as the rest of your rant goes I don't want my country to be taken over by left wing liberals crying tears without a shot being fired !
I cant stand people telling me that I have to be tolerant of everybody and everything just because some oik tells me so, people are afraid to say anything or tell a slightly risqué joke these days for fear of upsetting some bloody lunatic with an agenda on social media " ohhhhh my cake fork was dirty at the local café " cry cry sob sob update my status to upset and looking to be compensated and sue the café owner because they cant handle the real world !
I saw a woman in the RD&E A&E dept the other day with a slightly sprained finger ! from using her mobile too much ........ a grown woman couldn't handle a slight sprain if this is the way the world is going then it might as well go to hell and let the animals rule again.
We do live in a great country but we're not being taken over by "Left Wing Liberals" and to say you don't want the country being overtaken by them without a "Shot being fired" is in itself alarming, There is NO conspiracy to turn it into some Marxist state, At the moment we live in incredible times, I've never seen anything like it but we as a nation are probably more "Centrist" but at the moment and due to emerging Social Media, The internet, You can spew any bile and if it gets shared by loads people will believe it, Brexit is dividing us there is no doubt about that but i think Ramone you and i are of a certain age where you gasp at modern life, snowflakes etc, Its called getting old and becoming a "Grumpy Old Git" you need to embrace it! :D I am the least PC person according to my other half and getting very intolerant of alsorts of things but i still don't think this great nation is going to the dogs so to speak

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is NO conspiracy to turn it into some Marxist state
Isn't that what Corbyn and McDonnell are hoping to do?

DB9

Isn't that what Corbyn and McDonnell are hoping to do?
If you believe certain media outlets,

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
No truth in it, then. It's all wicked lies in the Press.

DB9

No truth in it, then. It's all wicked lies in the Press.
Nope, The country would never vote for it, At the moment the Tories see Corbyn and Co as a political threat and there is one thing the Tories do well is scare people, Tactics they've used time and time again in the past, They think they have the God given right to stay in power and anyone they see as a threat they will try to assinate their political character. Did it last time when they said Milliband would be in the SNP's pocket if they won in 2015, Funny thing was the Tories ended up in the DUP's pocket in 2017

Temporarily Exiled

Aye, but that was then. And this is now; just plopped my postal vote for Nige in the postbox.
Sure, but there's the quite big risk for Brexiters that continuing in this crusade for purity will eventually lead to no Brexit at all. As somebody that doesn't want Brexit to happen, that makes me very happy. Anyone on the leave side should've grabbed May's deal with both hands - there are no harder Brexit options short of no deal.

That's offering more than plenty to the people that wanted hard Brexit. It's difficult not to come away with the impression that the ERG are professional protesters, and that they can never be satisfied.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Aye, but that was then. And this is now; just plopped my postal vote for Nige in the postbox.
What projection for the Euro vote outcome Jinxster ?

Will Rubber Chops and his new party get 35% + ? Cannot make my mind up whether support might be overestimated or whether it might be underestimated if the Brexit party rips into the Labour support.

Lib Dems now to be runners up ?

Alistair20000

POST TALLY REPORT

Just to note that Indo has now chalked up over 2,000 posts on this thread.

Maybe he is a trained disciple of Alexey Stakhanov (boffin)

IndoMike

POST TALLY REPORT

Just to note that Indo has now chalked up over 2,000 posts on this thread.

Maybe he is a trained disciple of Alexey Stakhanov (boffin)
....... and here's another.....
Interesting so see that May in her sad press conference yesterday in support of some EU candidates let it slip that a 2nd referendum could reverse Brexit.

PS. Are you sure it's 2000? I really need to get a life..

Alistair20000

2008 posts now Indo

Status
Not open for further replies.