• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You extrapolated my saying Grieve "became a bit of a lunatic EU-wise" to saying "...and in fact all Remainers are disrespected by you and classified as 'lunatics'..."

This is patently absurd extrapolation and clearly nothing that I have said or even implied. And as I say, not the first (nor probably the last) time you have used a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

As for young voters, I made what I believe to be a valid observation that the Glorious Leader promising to wipe out student debt might have bought some of their votes - the evidence is there in places like Canterbury, a student-heavy place where, for the first time, Labour won the seat. This is not to "disrespect" young voters at all, let alone prompt one of your semi-regular rants. EDIT: If I were a 21 year old first time voter with the prospect of £30k+ debt and a leader said "I'll deal with it (student debt)", heck I'd be tempted.

But hey, if you wish to shut down opposition views by drifting into hyperbole, then you may find an echo chamber more soothing.
I haven't shut down your views : how can I shut down your views? You can shut down mine, though.
I have shown up your views to be completely biased and your comments often to be evasive or avoiding reality. If you are unable to handle that well that's not my problem, but I certainly can't let you get away with blase or ersatz elitist but ineffective put-downs whenever you can't debate precisely the issues raised. You are the one that has done your best to turn the thread into a party political broadcast on behalf of the Conservative Party so some of us feel the need to challenge that.

IndoMike

He avoided the point I made. There are a variety of insults you could throw at Grieve, but "lunatic" is a strange choice
I respect Jason- if I didn't I wouldn't bother discussing/arguing with him. But he just will not concede that the Tory party has been incompetent and unworthy in so many cases and because he has no defense he tries to evade the issue or point the figure in the direction of Labour (for whom I have never voted). As a defense lawyer for the Tory Govt. he is not successful. Jason's posts are symptomatic of what is wrong with politics todays.

arthur

Blimey, the vultures are circling here.
We all admire your channeling the spirit of Rorke's Drift/Custer's last stand/the end of Butch Cassidy (take your pick);)

IndoMike

We all admire your channeling the spirit of Rorke's Drift/Custer's last stand/the end of Butch Cassidy (take your pick);)
Yes, his loyalty is admirable but misplaced, in my opinion.

IndoMike

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....
- Barnier is suggesting an extension until New Years Eve...hics hics
- The Moggster is threatening to disrupt EU business if we participate in the EU elections - a good tactic ****ing off the EU so that they won't want to implement a lengthy extension
- May is tucking into some pork knuckles and sauerkraut whilst boring the pants of Merckel "Strong and stable, strong and stable. We're going to Brexit and that's what I intend to do". ad
infinitum
- Jeremy is practising his "someone painted graffiti on my allotment shed" bloodhound look in the mirror
- Leadsom is trying hard to be influential, but can anyone tell me what she has ever done for the Romans?
- Cameron is hiding in his nuclear bunker writing his memoirs entitled "My life as a t&sspot".
- Macron has gone all sacre bleu
- The Brits don't give a f^ck anymore and are more interested in their footie team - quite rightly.
- Liam Fox is negotiating a trade deal with the Ottoman Empire - he doesn't realise that it doesn't exist anymore
- Grayling has drawn up a contract with a renowned rowing boat manufacturer to replace the failed ferry boat/ pizza delivery contractor in order to facilitate imports.

Yeah,,this isn't funny, and neither is Brexit.
Looking forward to following City's match tonight whilst watching the CL matches. Bleddy 2 a.m. my time for that.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
And in other Brexity news, the not very lunatic Andrew Lillico and Suzanne Evans now think this mess is the fault of the Queen, and therefore the monarchy is not fit for purpose.

geoffwp

And in other Brexity news, the not very lunatic Andrew Lillico and Suzanne Evans now think this mess is the fault of the Queen, and therefore the monarchy is not fit for purpose.
Well, as a firm republican i'd have to say they are on the right track even if its the wrong racecourse.

geoffwp

to crack a nut.
Question is who the nuts are. I have my own ideas.

IndoMike

Trumpy threatening a 25 pc tariff on imports of EU cars..He's more ****ed off than usual this week.

arthur

The wretched May transformed thus:

"People of Britain. I have tried my best. I have negotiated the best deal possible to get us out of the EU in accordance with the heartfelt wishes you expressed in the 2016 Referendum. I have been back and forwards to Brussels God knows how many times and stood in Parliament for hours on end being abused from all sides.

"I've done this, not because I'm thick, or don't listen, or slightly unhinged but because I felt it was my duty, as your PM, to deliver Brexit for you.

"But I haven't managed to convince my colleagues in the ERG and the DUP that this is the right course of action. That's fine - they are entitled to have their say. But I don't see the point of prolonging this agony any longer by asking for an extension during which time we'll just keep going over the same old ground. Whatever I, or anyone else proposes, it will be voted down, so it seems utterly pointless to continue down this path.

So today I have written to Mr Juncker and revoked article 50. I shall resign with immediate effect and I will suggest to her majesty that David Liddington acts as caretaker prime minister. The Conservative Party can then elect a new leader and get back to governing the country and addressing the mountain of issues that our society faces.

So long, and thanks for all the fish"

Her legacy secured, as the woman who saved the country from itself

Status
Not open for further replies.