• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Yet more FAKE NEWS and "alternative facts" from Exeweb's own answer to Sarah Huckabee Sanders! ;)
"vast subsidies" You believe they gave us something or they actually gave us a let off in one area only to be increased somewhere else
Good to see Hilary and Soro's love child has a new website added to his long list of favourites. You antifa types are so predictable its actually funny.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here's a bullet for you ......... How much and how long did it take us to repay our debt for WW2 ? or go back a little further for WW1 lets get some of those EU countries who this country and commonwealth (America turned up eventually) to give some of the billions of pounds it cost us to save their countries back.

Britain joined WW1 because it was afraid that Germany would take control of the Belgian ports and thus interfere with our supply chain. Britain and France joined the 2nd World War because we had a pact with Poland. Obviously our boys and girls worked hard and fought bravely in both wars and some would say those generations were our best ever.
I myself feel aggrieved by the lend/loan deals with the US since in many ways we were fighting their war, too.
However, we are talking about Europe in the 21st Century. Times change. If you feel bitter about Europe then I think it's high time you moved on.

Last edited:

arthur

Too many people wake up too angry. They are just angry people. They always will be.
"The people are angry - they just want out" Francois, Farage, Ramone et al

Yeah, the best time to make a decision about your long term future is when you're seething with rage

DB9

Very true, This is the closest I get to Social Media,
Here's a bullet for you ......... How much and how long did it take us to repay our debt for WW2 ? or go back a little further for WW1 lets get some of those EU countries who this country and commonwealth (America turned up eventually) to give some of the billions of pounds it cost us to save their countries back.
Think they paid in their own blood and destruction like we did

Mr Jinx

I see the Assange boil has been lanced. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Oldsmobile-88

I see the Assange boil has been lanced. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
Perhaps the goon will try to pay back the bail money that was put up & lost by some of his naive supporters..Then again a fool & their money will always be parted.

Terryhall

"vast subsidies" You believe they gave us something or they actually gave us a let off in one area only to be increased somewhere else
Good to see Hilary and Soro's love child has a new website added to his long list of favourites. You antifa types are so predictable its actually funny.
Since 2014, just Devon County council has received almost 32m in EU grant money. The south west has received over 200m. The UK government has made no plans and has no budget to cover these monies.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.swgreenerin.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Briefing-EU-Funding-to-the-South-West-of-England.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjJrK_C9cfhAhUQoRQKHQ9hDowQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1pswPI7NQsSg_vPOd3KgbA

Bittners a Legend

Aside from the historical inaccuracy/confusion/ignorance (eg: Britain's use of German labour post WW2, that the Marshall plan supplied loans across the entire continent), this post is just a sad. And a sad indictment of human beings. World War Two has no relevance to our EU membership. It is one of the stain's of the Twentieth Century in which so many lives were lost, scarred and ruined across the entire continent. It is not something to clumsily try and use as some odd point scoring exercise in a debate about the EU. It is an insult to the death of all those people to invoke it in such a way as to try and peddle hatred and division - the literal things that caused WW2 in the first place.

Perhaps you should read a little about how the Czech's, Poles, Ukrainians and many others suffered across Europe.

Alistair20000

Six more months of this crock of sh*te.

How many times will Teaser try to force her wretched "deal" through ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Six more months of this crock of sh*te.

How many times will Teaser try to force her wretched "deal" through ?
74 more times. I believe there are 74 more days of parliament sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.