• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GENERAL ELECTION 2019

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
This thread:

The ungracious v's the denialists.

The new Exeweb Derby.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This thread:

The ungracious v's the denialists.

The new Exeweb Derby.
I don't see any denialists, Spanky.
The GE result is clear and undeniable.
But there are still conflicting opinions about BREXIT and about the vision for the country.
This conflict will not disappear
overnight just because we have had an election.
I find it amusing that posters who have had serious spats on this thread, including your good self, are suddenly bothered by the spats.
We are a democracy. It is normal, healthy, and our right to freedom of speech to express our political and social views. Kudos to EXEWEB, which has provided us with an outlet for this.
The discussions have been heated and sometimes very heated. Some of us have flown close to the wind and been rather rude : you can't always separate the messenger from the message.
The Brexit debate has had a huge impact on the nation and stirred up extreme emotions. EXEWEB has reflected that ; we shouldn't be surprised at the disharmony.
But that was then and this is now.
All I can say is, as a regular and sometimes spiky poster on the two political threads, that I would always be happy to have a friendly beer with anyone who has joined in on these threads of whatever political persuasion. There are no hard feelings.

LOG

Do you think that you might benefit from more sleep?

IndoMike

Do you think that you might benefit from more sleep?
I am 7 hours ahead of you, dear Log.
But I do sense a little irony in your post.
I sleep very well in the knowledge that I have fought hard (in my little Exeweb way) to try to persuade our fellow posters to support remaining in Europe and to resist the Johnson charm offensive.
I have failed miserably in that attempt, but at least I was prepared to stand up in the trenches and allow myself to be peppered with shots from the oppo, which I think is much better than sitting on the sidelines.
You have to fight for the ideas you believe in and against the ideas that you reject.

LOG

I don't disagree.

Now as you've offered to buy beer for everyone get over to the Virtual. Al is already complaining about having a dry mouth.

Alistair20000

I don't disagree.

Now as you've offered to buy beer for everyone get over to the Virtual. Al is already complaining about having a dry mouth.
Au contraire. I have a bottle of cider to go with the moules frites

IndoMike

I don't disagree.

If you are referring to my good self, unfortunately I have been grounded by the wife and received a thick ear as a result of accidentally breaking a tea cup which was part of a rather expensive tea set gifted to us on our Silver Wedding anniversary. Her
cat was mainly to blame, but I heroically took the hit for both of us.

geoffwp

If you are referring to my good self, unfortunately I have been grounded by the wife and received a thick ear as a result of accidentally breaking a tea cup which was part of a rather expensive tea set gifted to us on our Silver Wedding anniversary. Her
cat was mainly to blame, but I heroically took the hit for both of us.
I trust you've kicked said cat since. Damn feral creatures.

DB9

As per normal Ms Abbott has her own slant on why Labour did so bad last Thursday, Apparently it wasn't the Manifesto or Corbyn, According to her it was the Voters fault!! She really has the pulse of the nation at heart :D :D

Oldsmobile-88

There was supposed to be a period of reflection by the Labour hierarchy after the disastrous result..Not seen much reflection..

There was a right old rant on Today R4 this morning by the new Labour MP for Leicester East..Learned nothing by the sound of it..Needs to speak to the former MPs for Bury North & Redcar.

Last edited: