• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GENERAL ELECTION 2019

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have started this thread for the following reasons :
1. So that we focus on the build-up to the election itself rather than mix it up with general politics
2. So that we can easily find our discussion about General Election 2019 in the future
3. So that we can make a new start.

If you guys think it's a bad idea to start this thread that's ok. Not trying to displace Hants' thread : just refocussing.

IndoMike

It's disturbing to think what England will become like after BREXIT and with Cummings and Johnson setting the rules.
Imo they're going to follow the Trump path, both for ideological reasons and to ingratiate themselves with him. Not to the Trump extreme, but half - way there.
I hope and pray that somehow LibDems, Labour, SNP and the Greens can swallow their pride and form a coalition to stop Johnson.
And a message to Corbyn. Resign. Get Starmer in. Do the right thing.

Alistair20000

It's disturbing to think what England will become like after BREXIT and with Cummings and Johnson setting the rules.
Imo they're going to follow the Trump path, both for ideological reasons and to ingratiate themselves with him. Not to the Trump extreme, but half - way there.
I hope and pray that somehow LibDems, Labour, SNP and the Greens can swallow their pride and form a coalition to stop Johnson.
And a message to Corbyn. Resign. Get Starmer in. Do the right thing.
Well I wish you would make up your mind where you are going to post Indo :) I have transferred this reply to your same question from the other thread

Magic Grandpa looked re-energised after the election announcement Indo. Short of death or very serious illness he is leading Labour into this Election.

I like the separate thread though (y)

Not sure what Brenda from Bristol will have to say mind.

IndoMike

Well I wish you would make up your mind where you are going to post Indo :) I have transferred this reply to your same question from the other thread

Magic Grandpa looked re-energised after the election announcement Indo. Short of death or very serious illness he is leading Labour into this Election.

I like the separate thread though (y)

I'm more worried about Hants from Hants..
Yes, it was an afterthought and I tried to delete the Politics thread comment, but too late (and there's no "delete" anyway).
I gave Hants some grief for doing the same thing, but I felt we were repeating the same old things and getting bogged down with Brexit. Hopefully we can also talk about all the other important issues, too, and of course the campaigning, opinion polls, fact checking, dust-ups et al..
I guess it's too late for Corbyn to resign, and yes - you're right- he loves campaigning.
May the battle commence!

Alistair20000

MEMO TO THE JINXSTER

Are you ready for our customary election wager ?

Grecian2K

Forget "Brenda fro Bristol". It's "Ursula" from Uxbridge that you Johnson fanboys should be more worried about! :D

IndoMike

Forget "Brenda fro Bristol". It's "Ursula" from Uxbridge that you Johnson fanboys should be more worried about! :D
She doesn't like him, does she? 😆

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm rather guessing she wouldn't have voted for him before.

Anyway, our excellent candidate was briefly on the BBC News Channel last night. Labour brought along a shouty robot alongside the execrable Sarah Olney ("LD") and they spent their time bickering over who was more "Remain" while Seena was calm and composed, despite being interrupted every time she spoke by the presenter.

arthur

Sorry, but I think this thread is a very bad idea. The last GE thread morphed into a general politics one and it will be impossible to decide which is "general politics" and which is "general election" whether you're reading or posting.

I don't think two threads are sustainable. Like Brexit, I can't see any positives in this twin track approach

tavyred

Blue-collar Toryism vs Metropolitan middle class Liberals.
Simple choice in this GE.
Want Brexit, vote Tory.
Want Revoke, vote Libdem.
Want continued chaos, vote Labour.