• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fun Prediction - Which Club is Matt Grimes off too ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough. However, regardless of which club turned who down, Harley wasn't obliged to move. Even if both clubs agreed the deal if his heart was set on Swansea there wasn't anything either City or Brighton could have done about that.
I think the fact he did move to Brighton just months later suggests he may not have been averse to a switch there, although who's to know from the outside - I certainly don't.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the fact he did move to Brighton just months later suggests he may not have been averse to a switch there, although who's to know from the outside - I certainly don't.
Yep, fair point. I guess it was one of those 'that was then, this is now' times - perhaps at the time Swansea was his favoured option and that his heart was set on them. They played decent football and were on the brink of the Premiership. However, once there and once promoted it might have been the case that he was told he'd be surplus to requirements so why not try your luck at your second choice?

Like you say though, from the outside, who's to know? I do think that we weren't 'ripped-off' by Swansea as has been suggested, I think at the time Harley held all the cards and there was little we could do about anything.

jack101

Swansea £1.5m with 10% to player.
The Studded Boot is in the know