• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Langer

Just seen this about our Jamie..................................

Find it hard to believe he can’t get a full time job within the game.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Find it hard to believe he can’t get a full time job within the game.
Why not with us, as an attack coach?

Stelios

Just seen this about our Jamie..................................

Wasn't he was coaching Arsenal youth players a day or two a week recently? Has that stopped?

Been saying this every year for the past few years but still think he could do a job in League 2.........(!)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good item on Jamie Cureton on Sky sports this afternoon

Chio Ogbene sent off for Rotherham for two yellows. The second was when he was tripped back defending at right back.. The referee adjudged it as a dive and sent him off.

budegrecian

Wasn't he was coaching Arsenal youth players a day or two a week recently? Has that stopped?

Been saying this every year for the past few years but still think he could do a job in League 2.........(!)

No he couldn't. Age catches up with everyone & that's why he's he's playing in the 9th tier. Still love him to bits thgough.

Stelios

No he couldn't. Age catches up with everyone & that's why he's he's playing in the 9th tier. Still love him to bits thgough.
Yeah you're right. I just miss someone with that natural and "un-coachable" nous around the box. It's not about how fit or quick you are sometimes. It's all about the ability to just be 'there' at the right time.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
What I particularly like about Jamie is his love of the game. I'm sure he doesn't need to keep playing financially; he just loves it & as a result fans of smaller clubs get to see a player of a quality they wouldn't normally see, even accepting that he is not as good as he once was.
That's something I miss a bit now with so many premiership players just 'retiring at the top' rather than drifting down through the pyramid. Matt Oakley bucked that trend, but he's the exception rather than the rule.
Yes, a bloke who just loves playing football and sticking the ball in the net. It's true he's a bit old now, but I still like the idea of bringing him on in the 80th minute when we badly need a goal!

Last edited:

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kane Wilson sent off for Tranmere against Wycombe tonight...

Andy_H

Cops also on the scoresheet last night - Tuesday - in Donnie's home win against AFC Wimbledon.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jordan Storey came off the bench for Preston yesterday against Derby for only his second league appearance of the season whereas Jayden Stockley started the game but was replaced; co-incidentally Ben Hamer was on the bench for Derby as he continues to earn a lot of money while not playing very much.