• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

I spent a very pleasurable evening at Twerton Park, taking in Bath City vs Bristol City and the plethora of former Grecians...

Scott Golbourne for Bristol, tidy enough game but likely to be second choice LB behind d the highly rated Joe Bryan.

Frankie Artus for Bath, subbed after a suspected dislocated elbow. Looked nasty, could be looking at a few weeks out.

Stuart Fleetwood, second half sub. Looked his usual self (disinterested, lazy, summed up by one counter attack ending with the Bristol keeper catching a cross as Fleetwood slowly jogged across the halfway line)

Danny Coles in the stand. Had 2 big fellas with him, Bristol fans hate him more than we do. Looked in fantastic condition though.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
My memory ain't the best, but I thought Cooper was a class act. As I recall, at one-point he went on trial Liverpool – while it's entirely conceivable this may have occurred when his dad's mate Souness was the Anfield manager, I'm not sure too many other City midfielders from that era would have been adjudged of a sufficient calibre. With regard to the suggestion that he was lazy, I'm, reasonably sure that it came to light after he'd stopped playing that he had a previously undiagnosed medical condition – ME or something not dissimilar – which may have been responsible for this.

That aside, I'm reliably informed, by someone whose opinion I respect greatly, that he's a thoroughly decent bloke.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jamie Mackie out injured for another three months. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36895164. It sounds like that from that report he'd only just got himself back fit after problems last season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lenny Pidgeley signs for Ryman League Div 1 South side Hastings United.

Sprocket

Lenny Pidgeley signs for Ryman League Div 1 South side Hastings United.
Pidgeley was of course on that dubious list of "youth players I gave their break to" that Mourinho came up with recently

Heysham Mike

John Cornforth has left Blyth Spartans where he was assistant manager.

Heysham Mike

Rod Young, is on a trial at Accrington Stanley. Previously played for Exeter City, Norwich, Bishop Stortford and Grays Athletic.

Heysham Mike

Arron Davies has signed for Accrington Stanley.

Last edited:
Seen Scott Golborne play for Bristol City against Portsmouth on Saturday. He had a poor game, but then again the whole Bristol City team seemed to struggle

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't know if he still plays at any level but Ollie Knowles has become a barber.