• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Forest are sniffing around, apparently.
Signed for Forest tonight on a 3 year contract. Fee reported some places as being £800k and others at £1.5m. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2378151/QPR-accept-Jamie-Mackie-transfer-request-Nottingham-Forest-look-sign-Scotland-frontman.html?ito=feeds-newsxml. Forest would be a very good bet to go up this year now, very strong squad there already and they have signed a really, really good winger tonight from Olympiakos called Djamel Abdoun who played very well against Arsenal in the Champions League last season http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23447613.

Willy Nilly

QPR fans are gutted about losing Mackie.

Grecian1966

QPR fans are gutted about losing Mackie.
I'm sure they are as he was one of the few that looked like he gave a damn on the pitch. However, Mackie is the later day Curo in that he has always thrown his toys out of the pram at the point he wants to move on his terms - did it with us, did it at Argyle and has now done it again. Leopards don't as they say change their spots. Good move for him I think.

Willy Nilly

I'm sure they are as he was one of the few that looked like he gave a damn on the pitch. However, Mackie is the later day Curo in that he has always thrown his toys out of the pram at the point he wants to move on his terms - did it with us, did it at Argyle and has now done it again. Leopards don't as they say change their spots. Good move for him I think.
To be fair Arry has ****ed him about and made it pretty clear he's not a big fan.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see Marcus Haber has asked to leave Stevenage. 46 appearances and 7 goals last season. Not sure he's going to be snapped up!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair Arry has ****ed him about and made it pretty clear he's not a big fan.
What did he do? Didn't he just prefer other players and therefore not pick him?

Ian Tarr

If you're interested in former players, how about working out who is who in this E&E article...
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-legends/story-18803399-detail/story.html
Here goes:
Back row: Keith Harvey, Roy Patrick, Les Macdonald, Adrian Thorne, Alan Banks, Alan Barnett, Peter Arbury, unknown, Bryce Fulton, Wilf Carter, Eric Welsh, Sonny Clarke (Groundsman), Peter Rutley, Alan Riding, Arnold Mitchell, George Ley;
Front row: unknown, Graham Rees, Derek Grace, unknown (possibly Keith Honey, Secretary), unknown, Jack Edwards (Manager), unknown, Dermot Curtis, Dave Hancock, unknown.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Harley has signed for Swindon on a two year deal today.

Pobbop

Harley has signed for Swindon on a two year deal today.
Good move for both of 'em probably.

Willy Nilly

Brighton fans seem over the moon that Harley is gone. Same old complaints as used to be on here - lazy, no tackling etc etc

Football fans.