• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Me too - they both appear on the face of it to come with similar pedigrees. This is a bit of a double-edged sword - it's good to have serious competition for places (Hamon never pushed on sadly having, IMO, been fairly level with Pym a couple of years back), but on the other hand it's a position where you can only pick one or t'other (and it's not a position where you can impress from the bench either), so whoever is warming the bench might get agitated after a while.
Maybe the senior keeper (Maxted, aka Master) will play in the league and Ward in the cups and other comps, and then Matt will decide which is best. Also depends on how they settle, train etc)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Maxted is on a good wage will he be Minted ?

Oldsmobile-88

Troy Brown training with MK Dons whilst he looks for a new club.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the senior keeper (Maxted, aka Master) will play in the league and Ward in the cups and other comps, and then Matt will decide which is best. Also depends on how they settle, train etc)
Hate to sound pessimistic but on that basis with our recent cup record Ward’s appearances and game time would be likely to be fairly limited.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just realised although I have just posted on here. This thread (Former Players) would seem to have become somewhat derailed ��

Ash

I’m intrigued as to which of the goalies is deemed to be number one by Matt.I think we would have been pleased with either on their own. I know we need a backup , but one of them will get miffed sitting in the dugout week in week out.
It'll be Ward as number one.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I know technically he wasn't a Grecian but he did do much for. Chris Zebroski was one of the triallist for Aldershot this afternoon.

andrew p long

According to Sky Sports, Bournemouth have made £2.5m bid for Jack Stacey.

Oh what might have been. If city had won the play off final in 2017 , Stacey might have preferred a move to league One ECFC than to League Two Luton. And Matt Grimes might have signed on loan for league one city rather than league one Northampton, ending up at city rather than re- establishing himself as Swansea’s best player. What a team we might have had .. and held on to the likes of JMT and Storey. Fine margins.

Oldsmobile-88

According to Sky Sports, Bournemouth have made £2.5m bid for Jack Stacey.

Oh what might have been. If city had won the play off final in 2017 , Stacey might have preferred a move to league One ECFC than to League Two Luton..
Jack Stacey was keen to sign permanently at SJP but The Grecians could not commit to a contract /transfer until the Olly Watkins transfer was completed.In the meantime Stacey had a look around at Luton & was sold on that club by their manager.A good move for him as it turned out.