• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Exehausted

I was at an event put on by Paignton College yesterday for 12-14 year old pupils from the Torbay area. Chris Todd, who is the College's Football Academy Manager, gave a short talk at the end. He said how he left school at 15 with no exams but all he wanted to do was play football and he joined Swansea. He played for other clubs and he played at Wembley 3 times, once for City and twice for Torquay and he was successful and was well known as a local celebrity which he enjoyed. Then smack, he's diagnosed with Lukemia. He said he was told that he might not survive and if he did he was very unlikely to be strong enough to play professional football again. He said that he was so determined to prove people wrong but that he took his coaching badges just in case. He said that he fought back and played again and then went into management and again, smack, he got the sack. That's when he joined the Academy and since then he has passed exams in Maths and English and he hopes to become a qualified teacher soon. He told the kids (none of whom had heard of him I'm sure) that life will take many different turns but to never give in and to accept the ups and downs. He got a huge round of applause at the end. What an inspiration he was and so honest.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
See Martin Ling has signed a new two year contract to remain as Director of Football at Leyton Orient.

ryancooper327

Keohane has signed a new deal at Rochdale

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Luke Croll signs for Dagenham. Hope it goes well for him.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

StudentGrecian

Troy Brown appears to be training with the MK Dons... photo certainly appears to be him. Tisdale forever after old mates and the injury prone.

http://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3572&start=120

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
He could renew his partnership with JMT, from their sick beds(rofl)

budegrecian

Hope he gets a contract ; always gave his all for us and would certainly have been offered another deal if he hadn't been plagued by injury. The budget MK have allows them to take a chance on such player.

Number13

Troy Brown appears to be training with the MK Dons... photo certainly appears to be him. Tisdale forever after old mates and the injury prone.

http://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3572&start=120
I must have missed us releasing him? Thought he was under contract?

Stelios

I must have missed us releasing him? Thought he was under contract?
Was all a bit confusing. I think his contract was up but when the retained list was published he was 'still in discussion' with the club. But it wasn't obvious whether he was offered a new contract (Boateng and Pym definitely were but they turned them down). Not sure what was offered/discussed with Troy.

He's probably at MK to keep up fitness rather than sign for them.

Last edited: