Former Players

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The stupid thing was Brighton fans berating him for not running around kicking people. Which would be a bit like us slagging off Danny Coles for not dribbling the length of the pitch, 'megging 6 players along the way.
Which, of course, is not something we ever read on Exeweb.

ECFC Music

I know if a player has a chance to have a crack at a higher level you can't blame him for wanting to go but I do sometimes wonder if he (not to mention us) would have been better staying at City. Everything suited Ryan at City. The team was built around his skill and ability. We all loved him. He could do virtually no wrong.
What stay at City and forgo the money ? Don't be daft it's his livlihood.

Pobbop

Mackie has handed in a Transfer request at QPR, doubt he'll get another Prem club, but think he'll be good for another Championship team.

grecIAN Harris

What stay at City and forgo the money ? Don't be daft it's his livlihood.
I know, that's why I said you can't blame him for moving on but just for flip side of what I mean take Matt Le Tis. Could have, and probably should have, left Southampton to further his career but stayed where he was happy and loved by all connected to Southampton. Had he moved, would have suffered similar slings and arrows that Ryan has?

Grecian Max

I'd love to see Harley back here one day, was absolute class for us

manc grecian

I know, that's why I said you can't blame him for moving on but just for flip side of what I mean take Matt Le Tis. Could have, and probably should have, left Southampton to further his career but stayed where he was happy and loved by all connected to Southampton. Had he moved, would have suffered similar slings and arrows that Ryan has?
The obvious difference being that Le Tissier learnt enough at Southampton to make him comfortable for life. If Southampton were League 1 he would have been off like a shot.

fred binneys head

Steve Bull is similar.

Forest are sniffing around, apparently.
Signed for Forest tonight on a 3 year contract. Fee reported some places as being £800k and others at £1.5m. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2378151/QPR-accept-Jamie-Mackie-transfer-request-Nottingham-Forest-look-sign-Scotland-frontman.html?ito=feeds-newsxml. Forest would be a very good bet to go up this year now, very strong squad there already and they have signed a really, really good winger tonight from Olympiakos called Djamel Abdoun who played very well against Arsenal in the Champions League last season http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23447613.

Grecian1966

QPR fans are gutted about losing Mackie.
I'm sure they are as he was one of the few that looked like he gave a damn on the pitch. However, Mackie is the later day Curo in that he has always thrown his toys out of the pram at the point he wants to move on his terms - did it with us, did it at Argyle and has now done it again. Leopards don't as they say change their spots. Good move for him I think.

Willy Nilly

I'm sure they are as he was one of the few that looked like he gave a damn on the pitch. However, Mackie is the later day Curo in that he has always thrown his toys out of the pram at the point he wants to move on his terms - did it with us, did it at Argyle and has now done it again. Leopards don't as they say change their spots. Good move for him I think.
To be fair Arry has ****ed him about and made it pretty clear he's not a big fan.

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
I see Marcus Haber has asked to leave Stevenage. 46 appearances and 7 goals last season. Not sure he's going to be snapped up!

Ian Tarr

If you're interested in former players, how about working out who is who in this E&E article...
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-legends/story-18803399-detail/story.html
Here goes:
Back row: Keith Harvey, Roy Patrick, Les Macdonald, Adrian Thorne, Alan Banks, Alan Barnett, Peter Arbury, unknown, Bryce Fulton, Wilf Carter, Eric Welsh, Sonny Clarke (Groundsman), Peter Rutley, Alan Riding, Arnold Mitchell, George Ley;
Front row: unknown, Graham Rees, Derek Grace, unknown (possibly Keith Honey, Secretary), unknown, Jack Edwards (Manager), unknown, Dermot Curtis, Dave Hancock, unknown.

Willy Nilly

Brighton fans seem over the moon that Harley is gone. Same old complaints as used to be on here - lazy, no tackling etc etc

Football fans.