• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Pay Cuts

Dannyred

Eddie Howe and his staff have stepped forward and took a massive pay cut.

I wonder how many more will do this now.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Eddie Howe and his staff have stepped forward and took a massive pay cut.

I wonder how many more will do this now.
Have the players,or is it just the coaching staff ?

I expect it’s just the latter.

Dannyred

Have the players,or is it just the coaching staff ?

I expect it’s just the latter.
Yes I think just Eddie Howe and his staff not players yet.

I wonder if the players will follow him and take a pay cut

Rosencrantz

Yes I think just Eddie Howe and his staff not players yet.

I wonder if the players will follow him and take a pay cut
From what I can see all players have been warned off any action on pay cuts or deferrals until the PFA have approved 🙄. They need to get arses in to gear with a solution especially for the sake of lower league clubs and players who are probably most vulnerable.

IndoMike

I think it's the PL & EFL that should directly donate funds to be distributed amongst the struggling football clubs -it's their responsibility- and the players should start up a fund for members of society..
Both the PL and EFL seem to be noticeably quiet.

Spoonz Red E

I think it's the PL & EFL that should directly donate funds to be distributed amongst the struggling football clubs -it's their responsibility- and the players should start up a fund for members of society..
Both the PL and EFL seem to be noticeably quiet.
The EFL did release this on 18th March

I had a conversation at the club earlier this season, pre COVID-19, and was told the EFL doesn't hold masses of funds in reserve as a lot is distributed among member clubs each season.
I understand that they can, however, apply to FIFA for extra funding if needed.

IndoMike

The EFL did release this on 18th March

I had a conversation at the club earlier this season, pre COVID-19, and was told the EFL doesn't hold masses of funds in reserve as a lot is distributed among member clubs each season.
I understand that they can, however, apply to FIFA for extra funding if needed.
Thanks, Spoonz. So 160k advance (??) and 120 k interest free loan. So total 280k available.

i8cornwall

Just going to play devils advocate here but where was this money from the EFL when clubs like Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield etc where close or did to go to the wall?

Oldsmobile-88

Just going to play devils advocate here but where was this money from the EFL when clubs like Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield etc where close or did to go to the wall?
It’s impossible to compare badly run clubs with dodgy owners to the financial problems caused by the current crisis.

i8cornwall

It’s impossible to compare badly run clubs with dodgy owners to the financial problems caused by the current crisis.
No I agree the reasons behind them are massively different but both can have the same outcome in that clubs can go under.

The EFL have failed to help clubs coming out of financial disaster (and in fact punishing them again once new owners have brought the clubs) or even those finding them selves with issues such as AFC Wimbledon and there new ground to now finding a magic money pot all of a sudden.