Football League Ramifications

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Doubt it. Deadline means nothing to Bolton. All the EFL can do is notify them of their decision to withdraw their membership, but that's on 14 days notice (where we are with Bury).

However, as the administrator intends to start liquidating tomorrow, I guess they have up until that point (and perhaps slightly afterwards, I have no idea) to find a compromise and deal.

i8cornwall

Doubt it. Deadline means nothing to Bolton. All the EFL can do is notify them of their decision to withdraw their membership, but that's on 14 days notice (where we are with Bury).

However, as the administrator intends to start liquidating tomorrow, I guess they have up until that point (and perhaps slightly afterwards, I have no idea) to find a compromise and deal.
Is pretty much correct.

From what i can tell the former owner Ken Andersons wants the Eddie Davies Trust and Football Ventures to sign saying that he will be immune from future legal action over his running of the club, neither seem (and rightly so) willing to sign or agree to that.

exeter-loyal

Bolton have 14 days from now to get out of trouble, only 2 will face relegation from League One if this happens!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
As a Port Vale fan has pointed out on TFF it's not just league promotion and relegation that will be affected as R1 of the FA Cup will now be (at least) one club short of a full draw.
If it's just Bury will there be a bye, or will there be a "lucky loser" from the quals?
And if Bolton also go plop although there will still be an even number of teams for R1 it would only be kicking the problem on into R2.