• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Finance Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
FFS.....The Peoples Game !!

AEC3E9E1-6BE7-4DB0-957E-9C2524C3C962.jpeg

sign of the chimes

FFS.....The Peoples Game !!

View attachment 8805
To give it some context their early season tickets in some stands/blocks were less than £500 (and to give it some other context in prime areas they were just over £800). When we were in the PL more than 10 years ago a 'walk up' ticket - if you could get one - was £40; and that would generally be in the worst bit of the ground.

Not saying it's not obscene - but if you've got demand and a stadium that 'only' holds c. 20,000 in the PL then you can charge a fair bit for walk ups; and I guess if you're in London and take the additional tourist element in to account you can do it even more so (have you seen the price of a decent seat in the West End recently?)

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
To give it some context their early season tickets in some stands/blocks were less than £500 (and to give it some other context in prime areas they were just over £800). When we were in the PL more than 10 years ago a 'walk up' ticket - if you could get one - was £40; and that would generally be in the worst bit of the ground.

Not saying it's not obscene - but if you've got demand and a stadium that 'only' holds c. 20,000 in the PL then you can charge a fair bit for walk ups; and I guess if you're in London and take the additional tourist element in to account you can do it even more so (have you seen the price of a decent seat in the West End recently?)

I went to watch Fulham Vs Huddersfield (5-0 in 2016) as a tourist and the cost was nowhere near that. But they were Championship at the time. Literally, thousands of tourists at the game. Was sat with about a dozen Germans who mostly supported Schalke04 and derided the terrible atmosphere. Hudds fans were decent and sang throughout despite being 1 down after about 54 mins and 3 or 4 down by half time.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I went to watch Fulham Vs Huddersfield (5-0 in 2016) as a tourist and the cost was nowhere near that. But they were Championship at the time. Literally, thousands of tourists at the game. Was sat with about a dozen Germans who mostly supported Schalke04 and derided the terrible atmosphere. Hudds fans were decent and sang throughout despite being 1 down after about 54 mins and 3 or 4 down by half time.
Did Fergie lend you one of his watches?

i8cornwall

I think that us at Bolton are probably the same, granted our season ticket prices have been slashed this year in a scheme similar to the one Bradford do but remember paying £40 for a ticket to watch us in the Prem just below the away fans.