• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
In terms of financials, 10 years ago the shirt sponsorship was £100k

I have no idea what it is now though..
Was that for a Season or the duration of the deal(more than 1 year I assume ?) Northants ?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was that for a Season or the duration of the deal(more than 1 year I assume ?) Northants ?
From memory it was for a year, but that included various add ons that are not part of the current/previous deal.

It's the 'University of Exeter' too, not 'Exeter University' :D
Problem is the Uni colours are green and white :(

Hey! I went there many years ago and that's where I fell in love with Devon, played in the Uni teams and we were 'Exeter University' as far as I remember! Poncy rebranding, I say!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hey! I went there many years ago and that's where I fell in love with Devon, played in the Uni teams and we were 'Exeter University' as far as I remember! Poncy rebranding, I say!
It was always officially the "University of Exeter". It certainly was in 1971 when I started there (nearly 49 years ago, bloody hell I'm old...). Though everyone called it Exeter University for short.

Arthur Davey

It's the 'University of Exeter' too, not 'Exeter University' :D
Problem is the Uni colours are green and white :(
...guess we could always change back to the club's original colours to accommodate...😉

It was always officially the "University of Exeter". It certainly was in 1971 when I started there (nearly 49 years ago, bloody hell I'm old...). Though everyone called it Exeter University for short.

Man Alive! Bleddy Hell.....someone older than me! Ha ha! I started in 1977! I'll doff my hat to your greater experience but I never walked around saying I went to the 'University of Exeter'!

ex_user1234

Resigned
Nicky Law, what do you do for a living?

A. I'm a football player for Exeter City.

B. I'm a player of football for the City of Exeter.

Poncy AND bad English 😁

ex_user1234

Resigned
Fantastic choice. Devon is Red!!!!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nicky Law, what do you do for a living?

A. I'm a football player for Exeter City.

B. I'm a player of football for the City of Exeter.

Poncy AND bad English 😁
Definitely University of Exeter

Probably the reason there is a Guild of Students rather than a Students Union.

Boyo

it’s for the next week. Pain up the backside. Aberdeen flies to nowhere and all flights are no inflated up here because of business travellers. Assume it’s a similar problem for Exeter airport.
I see you can fly with Logan Air from Aberdeen to Bristol, but you're right they are very expensive. From Bristol Airport the Falcon bus runs hourly direct to Exeter.

Flybe flights were often very good value. Usually they were significantly cheaper than the train. Not being able to get customers to pay a higher ticket price, is the reason they went bust.