• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm a British Airways man me! Phoenix Sky Harbor to Heathrow - 9 hours direct. Never fails.

Alistair20000

Geoff was in the original 'flight of the Phoenix'
Yes indeed. In those days he called himself Hardy Kruger.

geoffwp

Fair enough Al but I want to know who was Frank Towns. Who is it that makes a virtue out of stupidity? :eek:

IndoMike

I'm a British Airways man me! Phoenix Sky Harbor to Heathrow - 9 hours direct. Never fails.
I too wouldn't consider anything else unless I had no choice, even though the stewards tend to be more stroppy than the Asian ones, who are the epitomy of politeness ++

Colesman Ballz

I too wouldn't consider anything else unless I had no choice, even though the stewards tend to be more stroppy than the Asian ones, who are the epitomy of politeness ++
I think British Airways should be forced to drop "British" from their title, because it is totally misleading. For many years now, they have been nothing more than international conglomerate !

IndoMike

I think British Airways should be forced to drop "British" from their title, because it is totally misleading. For many years now, they have been nothing more than international conglomerate !
Like BP..........

Last edited:

Alistair20000

"Airways" does not sound right though.

IndoMike

"Airways" does not sound right though.
Good point.....

Boyo

Yeah but you have to get out to the airport, park up, get to the terminal and check in ages beforehand. It’s not the same as jumping in your car, or jumping on a train.
When catching a train you have to get to the station and park up (unless you use a bus). Check-in for London flights close 20 mins before departure. It's often much cheaper than the trains too, especially if you need to be in London for early meetings. I use Flybe to London a few times each year. Typical costs £70-£120 rtn.

I think this is the nub of Flybe's problem. Joe Public is probably aware of Flybe, but very few will know their range of destinations and how affordable they are.

ExeterCityLad

Just one example: London to Amsterdam can now be done on the train in just under four hours, and as cheap as £39. As more sections of High Speed track are opened up across Europe, airlines are going to suffer.
Or, you could get straight to Amsterdam from Exeter airport in under 2 hours with Flybe - At £59.00

Last edited: