• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First world problems I've experienced today

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stroudy ain’t gonna be happy with you toasting baby pikes.
:D I was wondering why anyone would small fish in a toaster.

elginCity

Try a toasting fork and a log fire Elgy. Here to help
Still too toasty for that right now, Al.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I now have TEN single socks in the drawer. Two of the blighters have only been worn and washed once.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Trying to find a train route to Exeter for the Deb'n Derby that doesn't involved rail replacement buses. :(
What's even worse, is I keep forgetting that I can't go as the wife has organised for me to go and see Shakespear's King John at the RSC Stratford. 😡😡😡

Alistair20000

What's even worse, is I keep forgetting that I can't go as the wife has organised for me to go and see Shakespear's King John at the RSC Stratford. 😡😡😡
Poor diary management Hants (n) :)

Swanaldo

Burnt me fingers plucking me pikelets out of the toaster because the pop up mechanism doesn't pop up high enough to reach the pikelets.
I went out and bought* a new toaster because I was fed up with the insufficient lift on the old one. Life's too short to be fishing your scotch pancakes out with a pair of bleddy tongs in the morning.

*It counted as the wife's Christmas present. Bonus! And who said romance was dead?

Angus

Today I purchased one packet of The Real McCoy's Cheese and Onion crisps, a drink and sandwich. I commented on the final price after payment and the person behind the till said..

Well you'd get it cheaper if you chose another packet of crisps as you could have had a meal deal.

Why the heck did she not tell me this?

I'm probably going to write a letter of complaint

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not me you understand but apparently a Love Island sleb has been injured by a champagne cork which hit him in the eye. Puts your little worries into perspective doesn't it.

Swanaldo

The wrong sort of rain today, I had to keep switching between two windscreen wiper speeds.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There was no cashew butter at the supermarket so my wife had to bring me home peanut butter instead.

These shortages are hitting hard now.