• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR (Vegans) Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couple of ‘interesting’ comments on FGR fan boards. One saying I’m’surprised at how dirty Exeter are’!! A couple of others suggesting that we had an advantage because the ref was from Devon!! Couldn’t make it up!
Perhaps they were hoping for another impartial Devonian Hutt Brextable ?

Red Devon

Maxted is a conundrum.

He can make exceptional reactionary saves which he has done particularly yesterday and in the home match against the Vegans and earned us at least four points from those stops, and then he can make glaring errors and cost us ££££'s as he did in the F A Cup. He has also shown signs of indecision as he did at Bradford, as well as other times when he punches when he should catch/collect which keeps the pressure on the defence, particularly as he does have quite a hefty boot on him and could quickly turn defence into attack

In the everyday run of things I am not overly confident in his general decision making on catching or punching, it could be this 'indecisiveness' which has led to him making the errors, despite yesterday I will be happier when Ward is back between the sticks, but he has proved a good backup (unlike poor old James Hamon last season).

You can add Salford away to the exceptional saves list, we’d have gone home empty handed if it wasn’t for Jonny that day.

Grecian2K

Couple of ‘interesting’ comments on FGR fan boards. One saying I’m’surprised at how dirty Exeter are’!! A couple of others suggesting that we had an advantage because the ref was from Devon!! Couldn’t make it up!
I preferred the one from "Chris FGR" on the League Two Forum
I hate Jonny Maxted. Get out of the way you flexible ******
:D

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strange that we are being referred to as 'hard' and tough and physical. But I suppose when you have Parkes Bowman and Atangana in your team you aren't going to lay over and be walked on

IndoMike

Absolutely. We had a DISADVANTAGE with a ref coming from Devon : overcompensation!

Oldsmobile-88

Strange that we are being referred to as 'hard' and tough and physical. But I suppose when you have Parkes Bowman and Atangana in your team you aren't going to lay over and be walked on
Hard but fair..The toughest team in L2(Newport) have been outmuscled by the Grecians 3 times this season.

Love this clip of Tom Parkes tackle in the Leasing Cup
against Oxford.

STURTZ

I don’t want to raise a negative on yesterday as it was an incredible outing by all but Williams was very frustrating yesterday. I lost count of the times he failed to beat his man/looked sluggish. Maybe a games rest would do him well.
You're right that Randall was largely unsuccessful against his full back and unusually was unable to cut back inside to have a go with his better left peg. Also a fact that Richardson looked out of sorts in trying to cope with playing on the left, a fact which FGR seized upon and targetted. However both players worked manfully and played their part in a magnificent team performance.

I wonder if Matt considered switching them round at all, or perhaps he thought that once we switched to 4 at the back Williams would not be up to playing as an old fashioned full back. Question has to be asked.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couple of ‘interesting’ comments on FGR fan boards. One saying I’m’surprised at how dirty Exeter are’!!
Very likely an image they have of us from the proper chap Tisdale days. They're probably surprised when we don't run on wearing cravats.

Larry Wilkie

Perhaps they were hoping for another impartial Devonian Hutt Brextable ?
You’re probably right.
Hard to see why they think they were hard done by.
I was thinking at half time that he’d had a good game but seemed to lose it completely second half!!

dontpassback

About time we had a streetwise team with some strong characters,remember Clive whitehead etc,we have been too nice for quite a while and the team is a reflection of our manager,he wants to win !