Favourite board games

Banksy

Backgammon is the king of board games and I could play all day. I would be quite happy to walk into your boring chess matches, throw the boards around and scatter your ornamental pieces willy nilly across the room knowing full well that the chess nerds wouldn't complain.
If you don’t watch out I’ll put you in zugzwang.

Spoonz Red E

Well-known Exeweb poster
Use to play 'one extra rule' variants with mates when I was younger.

e.g.
Snakes and ladders.
Have a penny at hand. If any one throws a five turn the penny over. Whilst it's heads up you go up the snakes and down the ladders.

Another game was a variant of Ludo called 'Quickfire Ludon't' where you would carefully explain the three rules to any newbie when playing after a few drinks.

[1] The game starts with each player having a piece on the home run.
[2] Your starting throw has to be a six.
[3] You must throw the exact number to land on the final space.

Then you hand the player the die and see if he or she throws it and how delighted they are when they throw a six.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backgammon is the king of board games and I could play all day. I would be quite happy to walk into your boring chess matches, throw the boards around and scatter your ornamental pieces willy nilly across the room knowing full well that the chess nerds wouldn't complain.
Translation : Fishface is cr+p at chess.

Billy The Fish

I'm coming into your dull chess club with my chainsaw and I'm wreaking havoc. You lot can sit there in your dusty cobwebby sports jackets with the leather elbow patches and watch me as, on completion of my mission, I smack the top of your daft alarm clock.