• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite away ground

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Plus you get the treat of seeing Red Kite’s soaring in the sky above Adams Park...a rare site in the British Isles these days as those birds were in serious danger of becoming extinct less than twenty years ago.
You must be joking - red kites have made a huge comeback in recent years, now a very common sight across central southern England.

Red Devon

You must be joking - red kites have made a huge comeback in recent years, now a very common sight across central southern England.
Thankfully yes, now up to 16000 pairs according to the RSPB with Buckinghamshire being a particularly hotspot!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I was a teenager (1968) I saw one if the last few on Cader Idris in mid Wales. Now they are fairly common, as they have been successfully reintroduced into England and revitalised in Wales. They can travel long distances quickly in search of new home bases. Exmoor and Dartmoor have had quite a few sightings, presumably scouting trips.

StroudGrecian

Thankfully yes, now up to 16000 pairs according to the RSPB with Buckinghamshire being a particularly hotspot!
Which would explain why I used to see so many on my regular drives over to Milton Keynes, back in another life.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I was a teenager (1968) I saw one if the last few on Cader Idris in mid Wales. Now they are fairly common, as they have been successfully reintroduced into England and revitalised in Wales. They can travel long distances quickly in search of new home bases. Exmoor and Dartmoor have had quite a few sightings, presumably scouting trips.
Several sightings in Debm over the past few days. (y)

Red Devon

UK reintroduction program a great success story

Alistair20000

Which would explain why I used to see so many on my regular drives over to Milton Keynes, back in another life.
What mortal sin did you commit to be punished with regular trips to MK ?

Red Devon

Aggborough - Kidderminster was a pretty good back in the Blue Square days, good away seating stand and catering facilities second to none in the lower leagues.

les.gtfc

Aggborough - Kidderminster was a pretty good back in the Blue Square days, good away seating stand and catering facilities second to none in the lower leagues.
That's one of the very few things I miss about non-league. The food at Kiddy.

Red Devon

That's one of the very few things I miss about non-league. The food at Kiddy.
So that’s where all the cottage pie went 🤣 Me too dark days for me supporting City then!