• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fav crisps

Stelios

• Cheap supermarket own brand salted tortillas chips.
  • Nik Naks - not the scampi ones though.
Good call on the own brand tortillas. Great in a dip or by themselves.

They really need to stop forcing those scampi things on us. Eurgh.

Best ever tortillas were the Phileas Fogg brand ones about 20(?!) years ago. This was before the days of a billion flavours. Just lovely no nonsense spicy/chilli/smokey flavour.

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I concur about the cheaper brands. Roysters T Bone get my vote.

Phileas Fogg
Not crisps but i used to love the Phileas Fogg Mignons Morceaux (sp), drooling carol.

Ian Russon

I concur about the cheaper brands. Roysters T Bone get my vote.
Roysters are no way classed as a ''cheaper brand'' They're a premium sort of crisps, surely.

elginCity

Roysters are no way classed as a ''cheaper brand'' They're a premium sort of crisps, surely.
The two separate sentences shouldn’t be conflated perhaps ?

Legohead

Banned
Anyone like Vegetable crisps? They are surprisingly nice. Also I like those ones made out of peas. They are like chipsticks but green and made from peas.

Colesman Ballz

Has anyone ever managed to open some Pringles, take a couple and put back the remainders in the cupboard? I have not.
It is a bit like eating Cadbury's Smash reconstituted mash potato., Not a patch on the proper jobbies featuring real thinly sliced potatoes. Their packaging is a recycling nightmare and it can't be long before it gets outlawed.

Ian Russon

Anyone like Vegetable crisps? They are surprisingly nice. Also I like those ones made out of peas. They are like chipsticks but green and made from peas.
I have never ever come across these, they don't sound like they are very nice at all :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I went to watch England at Twickenham after we'd won the world cup in 2003. Outside the stadium they were giving out packets of Wallaby and Stuffing flavour crisps to the fans. Disgusting taste but a good joke.

GJW

I have never ever come across these, they don't sound like they are very nice at all :)
I had some lentil crisps and they were quite nice. Can't remember the flavouring. Obviously not just lentil, because that would be awful (probably beef).

Stelios

The twisted/curly Lentil crisps are really nice (y) S&V or Sour Cream/Chive are the common flavours. You'd never guess they were lentil based if you didn't know. Vegetable crisps literally made from slices of veg are different again. Not too keen.

Sunbites Multigrain thingies are nice too (Sour Cream or Sweet Chilli)

Reactions: GJW