• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fabian Yantorno??? (From a Chester thread)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
BLUES boss Mick Wadsworth is lining up Uruguayan-born striker Fabian Yantorno as his next signing.
The 26-year-old forward is due to fly into Britain tonight with his representative and is keen to play for Chester City after talks with Wadsworth.

Yantorno, who played for Wadsworth when he was caretaker boss at Scottish club Gretna last year, is described by Wadsworth as 'a fantastic talent'.

Wadsworth said: "Fabian is a former Uruguayan under 21 international and I'm really excited about the prospect of him playing for Chester City.

"He had a marvellous first half to the season with Gretna in the Scottish Premier League while I was there and attracted interest from Rangers and Celtic who were both chasing his signature.

"Unfortunately, Fabian picked up a bad knee injury at Christmas time that season and was ruled out of action for the rest of the campaign.

"It took him a year to get over the injury, but he played for Scottish League club Hibernian last season, and he was looking at plans to play in Mexico, but I know he is desperate to come and play in Britain again.

"I feel very fortunate that I was able to speak to him and that he was willing to come across and play for Chester.

"He's a fantastic talent and I know he was a real crowd pleaser and crowd favourite when he was playing for Gretna.

"I think he would score goals as well as make goals with Chester and I know he would do well at this level of football.

"I'm excited about the prospect of him forging a goalscoring partnership with Gregg Blundell, but we've also got young striker Lloyd Ellams who I have been impressed with in training, and another striker signing is a possibility.

"I said when I arrived that one of my priorities was to sign a striker and I think we are now making great strides to assemble a squad of players.

"Obviously the budget is limited and I know I can't keep adding players ad infinitum, but we're getting there and I'm trying to keep everyone informed of our progress.

"The possibility of signing someone like Fabian Yantorno is really exciting news for everyone at Chester."

Montevideo-born Yantorno started his career at Uruguayan Division One club, Miramar Misiones, before moving to Gretna who released him after he picked up his serious knee injury.

Hibernian signed him on a two-year contract in August 2008 after offering him the use of their medical and training facilities, but he struggled to secure a place in their first team, and was loaned to Hamilton Academical for the remainder of the season, but the deal was cancelled as Hamilton had already signed senior player, Paul McGowan, on loan and were unable to sign Yantorno on loan.

Yantorno failed to feature for Hibs after that, and the club declined their option to extend his contract.

Chester are aiming to add Yantorno to their list of new signings which already comprises of Neil Ashton, Rhys Meynell, Ben Wilkinson, Gregg Blundell, Tim Ryan, and ex-Manchester United, Scunthorpe, and Antwerp centre back Michael Lee.

John Danby, Glenn Rule, Lloyd Ellams, and Shaun Kelly have all accepted new deals, while Stephen Vaughan, Kevin Roberts, David Mannix, Anthony Barry, and Jay Harris remain contracted to the club.
Worth a look????
Discuss

journeyman

If he's 'Keen to sign for Chester City' then thanks, but no thanks!

Joshyd123

I'd happily take Fabian Yantorno, what a player!

Mackster

Poor person doesn't probably even realise they have been relegated to the Conference

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?????????????????????????

Grecian2K

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?????????????????????????
Chester City - we used to play the likes of them once, you know! ;)