• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup Third Round Draw

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that it is "pie in the sky" to expect anything other than a very modest crowd if we were to be drawn away to any Premier League or Championship side. The only reason that we secured a massive windfall from a 67k crowd at Old Trafford was that their fans needed to be there in order to ensure their chance of being able to buy tickets for forthcoming Champions League games. Far better to play such teams at a "packed and rocking" SJP, and a much better chance of being selected as a live televised game with its associated financial windfall too.

OmanGrecian

AndrewP

Got to get past Hartlepool first, any big potential 3rd round clash will be as much (if not more) of an incentive to them as us........And our long distance travel of late has not been positive...I'm feeling worried about this one.

DB9

I think that it is "pie in the sky" to expect anything other than a very modest crowd if we were to be drawn away to any Premier League or Championship side. The only reason that we secured a massive windfall from a 67k crowd at Old Trafford was that their fans needed to be there in order to ensure their chance of being able to buy tickets for forthcoming Champions League games. Far better to play such teams at a "packed and rocking" SJP, and a much better chance of being selected as a live televised game with its associated financial windfall too.
Any game away at a PL or Championship club would be nice mainly for the "Experience" Financially I'd imagine tickets would be at a very low price, I went to a Soton/ Watford game couple years back in the FA cup and it was only a tenner, Even then the ground wasn't very full so a game v a L2 club wouldn't exactly be a draw for their fans and I reckon a low attendance would be the fact and I think a big club at a sellout SJP would be much more fun and a given for TV chosen tie. Have to get past the monkey hangers first and after the first game that won't be easy

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would surely depend on who it was. Some teams (Liverpool, Tottenham, Man U, maybe Leicester and Newcastle) would have a big crowd even if not a sell-out regardless of the opposition as there are people who want to experience the atmosphere at the ground who can't get tickets to PL games. Others less so, it's true. But the minimum ticket price for 3rd round games is now £15 unless both clubs agree a lower figure.

In those cases the TV money if chosen (£144K) would probably equal or outweigh the gate receipts.

But they'd still be more than a game at SJP with a capacity of 8,300.

Colesman Ballz

It would surely depend on who it was. Some teams (Liverpool, Tottenham, Man U, maybe Leicester and Newcastle) would have a big crowd even if not a sell-out regardless of the opposition as there are people who want to experience the atmosphere at the ground who can't get tickets to PL games. Others less so, it's true. But the minimum ticket price for 3rd round games is now £15 unless both clubs agree a lower figure.

In those cases the TV money if chosen (£144K) would probably equal or outweigh the gate receipts.

A game at SJP would however see the benefit for City of a large "secondary spend" which of course would not be shared with the away club, and may result in some of our "floating supporters" coming to further home league matches. As proved in the past, it could also boost the Trust financially, with numbers of fans either joining/rejoining.

Red Devon

West Ham away!

Red Devon

Would take a trip to the King Power and a 1:1 draw 😊

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I predicted the first round draw correctly against Cambridge. I can confirm that we will have the unglamorous tie of Peterborough away if we can surpass Hartlepool.

chunkymorrinmunter

I predicted the first round draw correctly against Cambridge. I can confirm that we will have the unglamorous tie of Peterborough away if we can surpass Hartlepool.
im predicting rovers or argyle away .if !!!!