• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2018/19

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Salford City at home. Almost bound to be on TV, decent fee.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Warrington v mk Dons please ;)

Stelios

Not too sure there Hants? Back in the day (when, like now, we were League and they were distinctly NL didn't Dagenham and Redbridge once give us a jolly rogering on live TV (much to the amusement of the Cornish at the time)? :(
I vaguely remember watching this in a pub. Just looked it up. 2001 2nd round. Drew 0-0 at SJP. Went to D&R and lost 3-0 :eek:

It would have been on Setanta Sports (which I never had) hence trip to the pub to watch it.

Last edited:

Stelios

I vaguely remember watching this in a pub. Just looked it up. 2001 2nd round. Drew 0-0 at SJP. Went to D&R and lost 3-0 :eek:

It would have been on Setanta Sports (which I never had) hence trip to the pub to watch it.
Not sure about the Setanta actually. Probably just Sky Sports (which I never had either)

les.gtfc

Cleethorpes Town are having a good go at it this season. In the previous round they were beating Bamber Bridge (who play at a higher level) 3-1 at home with 10 minutes left but conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes. They then proceded to beat them 5-0 on their own pitch in the replay.

On Saturday they played Guiseley of The National League North and were losing 2-0 with 5 minutes left but managed to score 2 late goals to force a replay tomorrow. Away at Guiseley maybe a step too far for them BUT if they were to win they have a great chance of reaching the First Round Proper for the first time ever as they've drawn Stourbridge at home.

Would be a great acheivement for them to reach the FA Cup 1st Round and you never know, they could even draw us!

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about the Setanta actually. Probably just Sky Sports (which I never had either)
Indeed both were on Sky. My best mate had Sky Sports at the time so I watched the home match at his place. Was in the crowd for the replay.

Grecian2K

as they've drawn Stourbridge at home.
Sorry Les. No offence like, but I just want to save Stourbridge for the Cornish.....AGAIN :D (That image of Porky and his pet piglets on TV, gurning like they'd just been sucking Nastily Cornish's sour knickers (puke), will always be an abiding, happy memory of the FAC for me)

Away to winner of "9 Dunston UTS VS Gateshead" - A City team on Tyneside is well overdue.

(note: Dunston is part of Gateshead)

David Treharne

I think Blyth Spartans v York has an interesting look to it - and I'd quite fancy a trip to either. Miss going to York, not necessarily for the football or the ground but ambience of the whole weekend!

Grecian2K

Ah, that's the (Blyth) spirit Dr D....although I'd probably be too much of a coward to go there this close to Xmas. ;)