• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb v Looney Toons Matchday Thread

flat_cap

That time of the week again, folks!

We are a bit stretched tonight, thanks to Manc and Simon neglecting their responsibilities and going to play for the legends instead, so if there is anyone out there who fancies a game of 6-a-side tonight, then get in touch!

Team for tonight:

Stix

JoshyD, TCF's cousin who is much better in defence than he is up front.

Flat_Cap, TCF.

Adam

Bench: Flat_Cap's mate.

Looking forward to this one, will be a tough game though and a real test of our small squad! Hopefully we can build on our fantastic result and performance from last week and pick up another victory against a team that is only a couple of places below us in the league table.

I'm predicting a 2-1 victory to Exeweb, with the scorers being myself (Big head) and JoshyD (De Ja Vu here, don't I say he will score every week???)

In other news, w*nk bank girl is back, and hopefully the recent warmer weather will persuade her to turn up in appropriate clothing that will inspire us to the 2 points! :D

Last edited:

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Might have another lad to play, not sure for definite yet because he's an unreliable *****.

I'm going for a high scoring 6-5 win for us.

Flat_Cap getting all 6 goals..

Joshyd123

Might have another lad to play, not sure for definite yet because he's an unreliable *****.
Yep, he's an unreliable *****, back down to 7 again.

flat_cap

But we will be ok because I'm going to score 6?!?!?!?!?! ^o)

pal

looking forward to playing u wiv my team tonight!!! my prediction is 6-1 to us

pal

beat u too it! unlucky and u no it! good game, at least i scored both ends!!!

TOP_CITY_FAN

Very pleased with tonights performance. To come back from a goal down, not once, but twice is a real credit to us as a team. Last minute equalisers don't get much better really, especially if they are own goals by people who think they are going to batter us ;)

Joshyd123

beat u too it! unlucky and u no it! good game, at least i scored both ends!!!
Own goal was top class mate, absolutely brilliant. Try that another 100 times and you wouldn't be able to do it again!

Pretty even match up tonight to be honest, although Looney Toons actually knew how to defend closely and tight to the attacker, whereas we didn't, on numerous occasions, which often let them get a shot in to test the keeper.

Well happy with a point from the game, 2 unbeaten now, despite last week's being a friendly.

Onwards and upwards lads! ;)

Last edited:

flat_cap

Feel like a mini match report seeing as I didn't really do much else for the team tonight! Haha

Smash and Grab Part II

Once again, showed how far we have come as a team after battling back twice, to sneak another draw.

My man of the match would be TCF, thought he was outstanding all night, really broke up the play by making some important tackles at crucial times, then passed the ball simply but effectively.

Good finish from Adam for our first goal, and Stix had his usual mix of quality and a bit of good fortune in goal.

If I had concentrated more on playing football rather than getting extremely frustrated with the referee then I probably would have had a hat trick. As it was, the ref really got on my t*ts, and I had a shocker. Probably should have subbed myself a bit earlier too. Sorry boys!

Yes, Looney Toons had a lot of opportunities to win the game, due to our usual problem of not getting enough men behind the ball, but we really worked hard tonight to get the result we needed, and our pressure in the last 5 minutes of the game was constant. Fortunately we got our just rewards via an own goal in the dying seconds.

All in all, another battling performance, and a deserved point keeps us above Looney Toons, around mid - table in the league.

Roll on next week...

Last edited:

Joshyd123

and our pressure in the last 5 minutes of the game was constant. Fortunately we got our just rewards via an own goal in the dying seconds....
When we stuck everyone up front and went for broke, exceptional tactics!