• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Upgrades :- New Server, New Software, New Look

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
When is the code of conduct being released?

I have a joke to tell, but don't want to risk it yet.

MickStagraget

I'm still waiting for a breathalyser.
With that and the anti drivel device, the New Exeweb would be a wasteland.

lmartin

Administrator
Pete, it's work in progress, and it's the weekend. Give the poor bloke a chance!!!
:) thanks.

I've just got back from Oldham and bloomin knackered. So time for bed and will respond in full tomorrow.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ooooh, don't ever set a time limit like that! I'm surprised they didn't start baying for blood at midnight!

lmartin

Administrator
Okay, I did put forward a laundry list of objections, most of which I'm not bothered about. Moving with the times etc.......

I really would like a definitive answer on the point I raised above though. Is the message font really going to be as grey as the examples posted, or will it be clear definition black, as is the case at the moment? Thats all I care about.
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your comments - which are appreciated. As you'll appreciate, design is subjective. What one man loves, another hates - and it's very difficult to strike the right balance.

I personally quite like the 'brightening' up of the site. The red more accurately reflects ECFC 'house' colours in my view. Particularly I think the red gradient stripe really adds to the background.

Take your point on they dark grey text though. I have just turned that black so you should see it's slightly improved. There wasn't too big a difference between the dark grey and black, but a difference it was and you'll probably notice it when we do switch.

I am expecting to get a lot more feedback once the switch takes place and I will take all of it into account.

Regarding the logo... I don't think now is the time to change it as once we switch it should give people reinforcement that they're still landing on the same old Exeweb but with a freshen up. We can look to refine that down the line I think.

Liam

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
More of Liam's

lmartin

Administrator
Very accurate. That's bits to our new server right there.