• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Grimsby discussion thread

Matt Russell

Place or Plaice?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah. Grimsbarian through and through is good old Ollie! :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
He just likes crap towns beside the sea.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok so we head to not so sunny Cleethorpes this weekend looking to stop the mini run that the Mariners have been on since Ollie Holloway took charge. A narrow 1 nil home win in his first game against Salford was quickly followed by an impressive victory at Mansfield by the same scoreline. I say impressive, not because Mansfield are any good these days but because the codheads had 10 men for most of the match following the 10th minute dismissal of Luke Waterfall.

This was then followed by a 1-1 draw away at Orient with Orient only getting a point with an injury time penalty by previously useless ex-Stags striker Lee Angol. So it appears that Mr Holloway has made an instant impact at Blundell Park but all good things must come to an end as they say.

I reckon if we can an early-ish goal then we could put them in a situation which they haven't had to deal with yet under Ollie and that would be interesting. I still think we will have enough to win this game though and i'll go for a nervy 2-1 win in the end.

Just to note that I should have put Grimsby v Exeter and not the other way around as it's an away game but i'm sure we all knew that anyway. We all make mistakes. :p
Please stop referring to an ex-manager of the Scum by his nickname as if we're all friends now.

Grecian2K

Please stop referring to an ex-manager of the Scum by his nickname as if we're all friends now.
Seconded (and thirded, and fourthed etc etc)
Let's hope that, by 5pm tomorrow, his nom-de-guerre around fishy-lans has been reduced to "Jolley Hollow-words"

Legohead

Banned
Apologies if I have hit a nerve. I know Holloway was manager of Argiggle for quite some time but I've only been following Exeter for a handful of years so don't know what (if anything) went on between him and Exeter.

Personally I don't have a problem with Holloway but for some reason others do.

Blacky

Safe travels for those that are going......

Hoping for positive coverage from Quest, for those that aren't going (and i suppose those that are!)

Keep Ollie quiet!

STURTZ

Ollie's alright, left slime for Leicester and took Plymouth's promotion to the premirship hopes with him.