• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Chelt'num - Checka-EFL-Leasing.com Trophy - Matchday Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
What position does Key play?

ryancooper327

What position does Key play?
Right sided mid tonight. Think he played wing back/full back on loan though???

Steve H

Difficult to keep up with the formation (sure I counted 4 variations at least) but good run out for the squad players, another win and no injuries.... win / win all round

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Went along to the game tonight which was a decent and pretty even contest if short on a bit of quality....Jake Taylor head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch with some incisive passing and clever movement, Ajose was up to speed tonight making much better runs and getting into some good positions although I don’t think he knew much about the goal as from where I sat in block J of the IPO stand the ball just seemed to brush off the top of his boot when MJ fizzed in the free kick....Gary Warren was decent too apart from getting skinned once and giving away a free kick on the edge of our box...Josh Key was probably the big plus point though very impressive in all aspects of his game with an excellent work rate and strong running....totally underwhelmed with Fisher again though another poor showing....overall glad I went because I found it to be a competitive game with several positives to take from it.

Rosencrantz

Did anybody see who played that ball through to Matt Jay at the end of the half? Lovely pass. Missing the commentary to help me out tonight
It was Jake Taylor. I think MJ took too good a touch and got the ball under his feet a bit.

Rosencrantz

Low key game all told but some good performances. Warren and Parkes were a bit cumbersome on the ball early on but improved and apart from Warren's indiscretion were solid. Taylor and MJ ran the midfield well and it was noticeable when Taylor went off. Tilly as usual good off the ball, mixed results with it. Strikers struggled a bit with Fisher ineffective. Ajose and Seymour both dangerous in the box but bit mixed outside. Well worked free kick goal with MJ striking low and hard towards the far corner of the net and Ajose (as they discussed) getting across the front of their defence to deflect in.

Lost our way a bit after Taylor went off but because of switching to 4-4-2 rather than subs coming on. Key did well and showed a glimpse of his pace and direct play. Went to a back 5 at the end with Richardson on left, Key on right and Williams supporting Seymour. Main conclusion, hope Bowman stays fit and unsuspended as Fisher struggling at the moment. He might need a run of games but unlikely if Bowman available.

CityTillIDie

IndoMike

This thread was spoilt by the debate on Bowman. This was supposed to be the live match comments.
Thanks to the posters who kept us updated

geoffwp

That looked a very good athletic save by Maxted from the header coming after a long throw.(y)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feel a bit sorry for Ben Seymour at the moment. At the start of the season it looked like the team was going to be built around Nicky Ajose and that as his like-for-like replacement Ben might well get minutes off the bench. Obviously hasn’t worked out like that but I’m sure Ben will get an opportunity at some point.