• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

Dannyred

Good job you don't support Coventry then.
A little different as we have a ground the women’s team can use and come winter play at the C&F.

Coventry will lose a lot of fans as they did at Northampton. As I said the club have SJP and the pitch is not a problem as many keep saying during the warmer weather except possibly December/January.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I support women’s and men’s football but won’t support the women’s team while They are happy to play in cullompton and expect fans to do a 40 mile round trip for home games.
It's 12 miles from SJP to Cullompton Rangers FC.
But who are we to split hairs at your exaggerations.

So to be clear, the Women's team is happy to be playing there, the men's team is happy for them to be playing there, the Trust seems (there's nothing to the contrary) happy for them to be playing there, the club board is happy for them to be playing there.
Maybe the problem is actually you?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I support women’s and men’s football but won’t support the women’s team while They are happy to play in cullompton and expect fans to do a 40 mile round trip for home games.
You may "follow" football, but lets face facts, you are certainly not a "supporter" per se. In reality you are no more than a pathetic "troll", and a pretty hopeless one at that. Perhaps you should consider finding a more productive way of passing the time ?

Dannyred

It's 12 miles from SJP to Cullompton Rangers FC.
But who are we to split hairs at your exaggerations.

So to be clear, the Women's team is happy to be playing there, the men's team is happy for them to be playing there, the Trust seems (there's nothing to the contrary) happy for them to be playing there, the club board is happy for them to be playing there.
Maybe the problem is actually you?
Thank You for highlighting why our club has never moved away from the basement league and is in the shadow of a ambitious and successfully run club at sandy park.
The club is clueless and the sooner we get a proper owner who sees the potential to grow Exeter City fc as a club the better for all.

The likes of you are happy with league 2 and sending women away to collumpton because females don’t play home matches on the men’s pitch at SJP.

This can be seen as sexist and what message does that give to children in the city other than its a men’s football world in Exeter which is giving the wrong message for a club that shouts we are a family club.

LDNGrecian

Thank You for highlighting why our club has never moved away from the basement league and is in the shadow of a ambitious and successfully run club at sandy park.
The club is clueless and the sooner we get a proper owner who sees the potential to grow Exeter City fc as a club the better for all.
Head over to a video game if you want Exeter City to be in the Premier League in 3 years time.

Arthur Davey

The likes of you are happy with league 2 and sending women away to collumpton because females don’t play home matches on the men’s pitch at SJP.

This can be seen as sexist and what message does that give to children in the city other than its a men’s football world in Exeter which is giving the wrong message for a club that shouts we are a family club.
Historically inaccurate when you state that "our club has never moved away from the basement league".
You're also being disingenuous (to say the very least) saying "The club is clueless and the sooner we get a proper owner" as regards those of us as Trust members who for many years have regularly parted with our hard-earned cash, not to mention the very many hard-working employees of our club.
Comparing Rugby and Football is like comparing apples and pears. And the Chiefs successes haven't happened just like that, rather they've been steadily built on a sustainable foundation. When I look at the dire state our club has been in many of my earlier days as a supporter, I see now how things have changed immeasurably for the better, and how they steadily continue to improve. I'm not pretending everything in the garden is rosy, but hey, Life is not perfect.
I daresay the women's game will grow, given time, but nothing happens overnight.
Meantime I would humbly suggest that '"the likes of you" with your obsessive whingeing are living cloud-cuckoo land expecting otherwise.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

You spout some utter nonsense at the best of times but you've outdone yourself this time. You can't really compare a rugby and football team, and to even think that it's sexist because the womens team doesn't play their home games at sjp confirms what a complete buffoon you really are. Instead of constantly whining on here why don't you email the club to see what they have to say?

i8cornwall

Went to watch Exwick Villa last night. Lovly little ground/facility they have there.

I would go into detail but Danny can tell you all as the ladies team played a game there last season so he will 100% have gone as it's in Exeter.

Dannyred

Historically inaccurate when you state that "our club has never moved away from the basement league".
You're also being disingenuous (to say the very least) saying "The club is clueless and the sooner we get a proper owner" as regards those of us as Trust members who for many years have regularly parted with our hard-earned cash, not to mention the very many hard-working employees of our club.
Comparing Rugby and Football is like comparing apples and pears. And the Chiefs successes haven't happened just like that, rather they've been steadily built on a sustainable foundation. When I look at the dire state our club has been in many of my earlier days as a supporter, I see now how things have changed immeasurably for the better, and how they steadily continue to improve. I'm not pretending everything in the garden is rosy, but hey, Life is not perfect.
I daresay the women's game will grow, given time, but nothing happens overnight.
Meantime I would humbly suggest that '"the likes of you" with your obsessive whingeing are living cloud-cuckoo land expecting otherwise.
I think you are clearly out of touch at the trust and this is a problem at our club and why many feel we need new people who can lead us to the next step.

Your words I dare say the women’s game will grow, given time Did you not see the tv viewing figures from the women’s World Cup and the big brand company’s supporting women’s football ? Also how can our women’s team grow if they are not playing in the city they are representing.

Another thing What message is the club and trust giving children at school wanting to play football for Exeter City as they will see it’s not an equal opportunity and this goes against the club stand as a family club as one.

We need women on the board who will speak up for what’s right.

LDNGrecian

I guess they should rename the airport too as that's not within the city boundaries...