• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

Temporarily Exiled

The Ladies are playing today at 2 PM, first game of the league season. There are usually live updates on Twitter, so that's the best way to stay up-to-date if you want to follow the team this season.

Temporarily Exiled

Looks like the Ladies have let us down this week - while the men's team won 5-1, ECLFC could only muster a 5-2 victory away from home against Middlezoy. Still, I suppose it's a decent result against a team that finished just one place below us last season.

Goals from Watkins (2), Chapman (2) and Richards.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
‘Whoever the manager of the Ladies team is’ out.

Temporarily Exiled

‘Whoever the manager of the Ladies team is’ out.
That'd be Clive Watts and Abbie Britton (both are joint-managers).

Temporarily Exiled

I have a question that I hope somebody can answer. Why do the Ladies still play home fixtures in Cullompton, and why not at Cliff Hill?

Temporarily Exiled

It looks like the Ladies must be avid readers of Exeweb, and have taken my criticism of the 5–2 win of last weekend – as they scored six in a 6–1 demolition of Portishead today. Two goals from Gillies, one from Chapman, and a hat-trick from Barbour Gresham meant the Ladies kept their 100% start to the season.

IndoMike

It looks like the Ladies must be avid readers of Exeweb, and have taken my criticism of the 5–2 win of last weekend – as they scored six in a 6–1 demolition of Portishead today. Two goals from Gillies, one from Chapman, and a hat-trick from Barbour Gresham meant the Ladies kept their 100% start to the season.
It's a pity they can't play at the Park to stimulate more interest. Maybe there will be a gap in the home fixture schedule to squeeze one of their matches in?

PeteUSA

I have a question that I hope somebody can answer. Why do the Ladies still play home fixtures in Cullompton, and why not at Cliff Hill?
Because Cullompton have a very nice bar; and other similar features, perhaps?

fred binneys head

Because if they played at cliff hill the view shown by the TV cameras wouldn’t be good and that’s important to the club.

Temporarily Exiled

Because Cullompton have a very nice bar; and other similar features, perhaps?
London also has a lot of nice football stadia. The point isn't always getting the nicest one, it's getting the best you can in Exeter.

Last edited: