• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
DB9, quite agree. (I'll not quote as it's a big post). Things have a long way to go but are far better than they were. I remember 10 years ago, as an exile, trying to follow ECFC Ladies (as they were then) but failing miserably to find any info about them at all. It was only through the good grace and timeless patience of ECFCNursey that I got anything at all.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
DB9, quite agree. (I'll not quote as it's a big post). Things have a long way to go but are far better than they were. I remember 10 years ago, as an exile, trying to follow ECFC Ladies (as they were then) but failing miserably to find any info about them at all. It was only through the good grace and timeless patience of ECFCNursey that I got anything at all.
Aww the wonderful ECFCNursey RIP, A fantastic lady by all accounts and a regular on here, Sorely missed, Didn't realise she in the knowledge of ECFC Ladies as they were called then

StroudGrecian

Currently getting tonked by Soton Women, 0-5

StroudGrecian

Score now City 2-6 Soton

Still almost half an hour to go!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There do seem lots of goals in womens football, perhaps our near resident goalkeeping coach can come to the fore here

StroudGrecian

Score now City 2-6 Soton

Still almost half an hour to go!
Full Time City 2-8 Soton

DB9

Full Time City 2-8 Soton
City's defence had a bit of a nightmare then, Was this a league game or cup game, are Soton in a higher league?

Spoonz Red E

City's defence had a bit of a nightmare then, Was this a league game or cup game, are Soton in a higher league?
It was a league game - the two Southampton teams are considered the strongest this year so far.
Southampton WFC, who beat us today, were runners up last season.
Both have now won three and drawn the other (against each other). The other Southampton (Saints) team won 4-0 at Swindon.

Last edited:

DB9

It was a league game - the two Southampton teams are considered the strongest this year so far.
Southampton WFC, who beat us today, were runners up last season.
Both have now won three and drawn the other (against each other). The other Southampton (Saints) team won 4-0 at Swindon.
Sounds then our ladies team could be fighting for third at best with these two also in the league

Spoonz Red E

Sounds then our ladies team could be fighting for third at best with these two also in the league
That would be my take at the moment - although the women's team are improving and learning.
A lot of lessons from today to be sure!

The front runners so far are us, the 2 Southampton teams and Cheltenham.

If you look at comparative scores I'd fancy us to be a bit stronger than Cheltenham in a head to head.

We've both played three games against the same opponents.
ECFC v Buckland 3-2, Cheltenham v Buckland 1-0
ECFC v Poole 7-1, Cheltenham v Poole 2-0
ECFC v Larkhall 3-0, Cheltenham v Larkhall 1-1

In the other game we faced Southampton WFC today and Cheltenham had played Brislington last week (4 straight defeats so far)

Last edited: