• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes. I think that’s exactly what he’s saying. Suck it up buttercup.

Until you started bleating the women’s team’s successes seemed quite interesting. Now, thanks entirely to you the subject has become tedious, repetitive and dull.
Well done.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what your saying hants is that you don't care about the fact the women's team are not playing at SJP as it doesn't matter to you.

I doubt very much if it would matter to anyone else much either. Danny, I dont wish to appear sexist, but you have to get it into your head that womans football of the level of Exeter City Ladies doesnt make for much of a spectator sport. Whether they play at Topsham, Cullompton, or SJP, very few people will pay to watch their games. They will have a diversity of football skills, with two or three being quite good, but with others clearly making up the numbers. People just wont wont pay to watch sub standard fare. I bet there would be no more than 75 or 100 that would go to SJP to pay watch them. Unfortunately there is just no appeal IMHO.

Colesman Ballz

However the women have to pay to play for the club.
So effin what ! In case you missed it, Jack Leach scored 92 runs as England night watchman in the Test match against Ireland, and received handsome remuneration with his match fee. Yet a week later he happily paid out his £10 match subs to play for Taunton Deane in the Somerset local leagues. In any sport it's the level of the competition that sets the bar dummy !

Dannyred

I doubt very much if it would matter to anyone else much either. Danny, I dont wish to appear sexist, but you have to get it into your head that womans football of the level of Exeter City Ladies doesnt make for much of a spectator sport. Whether they play at Topsham, Cullompton, or SJP, very few people will pay to watch their games. They will have a diversity of football skills, with two or three being quite good, but with others clearly making up the numbers. People just wont wont pay to watch sub standard fare. I bet there would be no more than 75 or 100 that would go to SJP to pay watch them. Unfortunately there is just no appeal IMHO.
Pete have you not noticed watching the men's team more times than not over the years has been of very poor standard plus not worth the money either. However it's more than just about the quality with the women's team.

Exeter v Plymouth at SJP would of attracted a good crowd with good publicity.

geoffwp

This is one crazy thread.😂

IndoMike

This is one crazy thread.😂
I accuse you of crazy-ism.

StroudGrecian

Next up is Poole Town away, this Sunday.

They lost their opening fixture 2-0 at Cheltenham, and finished bottom of the league last season, so hopefully our winning start to the season will continue.

IndoMike

See post #110. Apparently, no chance.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete absolutely spot on well done old boy

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next up is Poole Town away, this Sunday.

They lost their opening fixture 2-0 at Cheltenham, and finished bottom of the league last season, so hopefully our winning start to the season will continue.
Presumably a league match, if there is anybody out there who actually goes it would be quite interesting on this thread to know who is pulling on the famous red and whiote shirts, who the star players are and their prospects.