• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Martin good constructive insight

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
In fairness it was a decent game, with the ECFC Women's team deserved winners on the day. The first half was actually quite a tight affair, with the visitors possibly shading possession and territory. However, they didn't really create anything but City did look threatening and got their first goal midway through the first half.

The second half saw City take complete control of the game and scored a further two more goals. In truth, City should have scored more, as they hit the post and missed some decent chances. One thing that struck me was the obvious step up in quality compared to last season (both with City and the opposition). I was also very impressed with City's No 10 (Gillies) who was fantastic up front. If City continue as they have started, they should have a good season. Here's hoping.
Ta for the report. Gillies was outstanding for us last season with her goal scoring record. I understood that she was off to California on a University Football Scholarship this year, does anyone know if this is still happening ? Maybe she is just playing for us until it is time to head over there ? It would certainly be fitting for her to play a few games before leaving, given her contribution to gaining promotion to the next level.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ta for the report. Gillies was outstanding for us last season with her goal scoring record. I understood that she was off to California on a University Football Scholarship this year, does anyone know if this is still happening ? Maybe she is just playing for us until it is time to head over there ? It would certainly be fitting for her to play a few games before leaving, given her contribution to gaining promotion to the next level.
My understanding is that she has one more year of school left before heading to California next summer.

Colesman Ballz

My understanding is that she has one more year of school left before heading to California next summer.
Ahh ! Thanks for that. We had better take the opportunity to enjoy watching her goals this season then !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ahh ! Thanks for that. We had better take the opportunity to enjoy watching her goals this season then !
More info on Sophie here.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good win over Argyle in the league cup

Dannyred

Great Win but should of been played at SJP as it could of attracted a bigger crowd.

The club are letting down the women’s team.

ChrisWickens

Great Win but should of been played at SJP as it could of attracted a bigger crowd.

How many were there Dannyred and what sort of a game was it?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Yawn, looking forward to your match report mind, you still waiting for last weeks report for the match played in Exeter - presumably you went

iscalad

Tiresome