Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
In fairness it was a decent game, with the ECFC Women's team deserved winners on the day. The first half was actually quite a tight affair, with the visitors possibly shading possession and territory. However, they didn't really create anything but City did look threatening and got their first goal midway through the first half.

The second half saw City take complete control of the game and scored a further two more goals. In truth, City should have scored more, as they hit the post and missed some decent chances. One thing that struck me was the obvious step up in quality compared to last season (both with City and the opposition). I was also very impressed with City's No 10 (Gillies) who was fantastic up front. If City continue as they have started, they should have a good season. Here's hoping.
Ta for the report. Gillies was outstanding for us last season with her goal scoring record. I understood that she was off to California on a University Football Scholarship this year, does anyone know if this is still happening ? Maybe she is just playing for us until it is time to head over there ? It would certainly be fitting for her to play a few games before leaving, given her contribution to gaining promotion to the next level.

SEA Grecian

Ta for the report. Gillies was outstanding for us last season with her goal scoring record. I understood that she was off to California on a University Football Scholarship this year, does anyone know if this is still happening ? Maybe she is just playing for us until it is time to head over there ? It would certainly be fitting for her to play a few games before leaving, given her contribution to gaining promotion to the next level.
My understanding is that she has one more year of school left before heading to California next summer.

SEA Grecian

Ahh ! Thanks for that. We had better take the opportunity to enjoy watching her goals this season then !
More info on Sophie here.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was the reason for not having the Devon women’s derby match played at SJP on a sunny day.
I imagine the hard working ground staff like Sundays off...If you think a couple of teams can just turn up & play without a thought about what goes on behind the scenes you are delusional..

Women’s team playing at SJP on a regular basis,don’t make me laugh.If that makes me sexist ? Guilty as charged !!

Now fkcu off..Leave this thread for what it was intended..

Dannyred

I imagine the hard working ground staff like Sundays off...If you think a couple of teams can just turn up & play without a thought about what goes on behind the scenes you are delusional..

Women’s team playing at SJP on a regular basis,don’t make me laugh.If that makes me sexist ? Guilty as charged !!

I think you are out of touch in what’s happening in the women’s game and if you and a few others don’t think that the city’s women team should play some matches at SJP then you clearly need to stay off this thread.

Oldsmobile-88

I think you are out of touch in what’s happening in the women’s game and if you and a few others don’t think that the city’s women team should play some matches at SJP then you clearly need to stay off this thread.
Maybe I am..

You looked a right #### (insert crude slang for female genitalia) calling another poster sexist just because he was getting tired of your ground hog day posting..

IndoMike

I see Exmouth's attendance for their FA Cup match against a Plymouth team was 301.
Local football is great fun, but the attendance is commensurate with the standard. Considering the standard of women's football is lower, then it's difficult to see how City's women's matches would attract as many.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Exmouth's attendance for their FA Cup match against a Plymouth team was 301.
Local football is great fun, but the attendance is commensurate with the standard. Considering the standard of women's football is lower, then it's difficult to see how City's women's matches would attract as many.
I fear you are wasting your time here Indo, Trolls don't do logic !

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
Could we keep this thread on topic and discuss the Women's football team, rather than Dan?