• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
That would of been an ideal pre season fixture for SJP
If it was at SJP, what do you estimate the attendance would be?

Dannyred

As it is, it will be a pleasant summers evening out for you, except of course that it is highly unlikely that you will bother to go. You would much rather sit at home at your keyboard and carp.
I won’t go to support them in Cullompton but I am sadly not alone.
If it was at SJP, what do you estimate the attendance would be?
I think after the World Cup success & if it was well promoted within the city 1000+ if it was a pre season friendly with Man Utd then about 4000+

I hope the women’s team have a great season but I won’t be going to collumpton.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really? I think you’re over estimating by a factor near to ten.

Women’s football struggles for crowds everywhere in this country at all levels, and this despite big pushes from both the BBC and Sky to try to promote women’s sports. I don’t think our women’s team will be that well supported regardless of where they play - the general public (including women) just aren’t interested. As a small aside, I bet there are far more women who support and regularly watch men’s football than there are who support and regularly watch women’s football, and by quite a substantial number too.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Women's team are at home (Speeds Meadow, Cullompton) in a pre-season Devon derby friendly against Plymouth Argyle on Thursday evening. Entry is free of charge and kick-off is at 7.30pm
Finished as an 8-3 win for Argyle

Dannyred

Yes a tough game against a strong Plymouth team.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
And you were there? Any reports anywhere?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Four of the Girl'd Develiopment squad move on up

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
8-3 :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the womens world cup and was impressed with the standard, particularly in the latter stages, but this scoreline shows that at a lower level the standard is poor.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Women's team at St James Park

Dannyred

8-3 :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the womens world cup and was impressed with the standard, particularly in the latter stages, but this scoreline shows that at a lower level the standard is poor.
Same as watching league 2 & nwhich is poor compared to the premier league & Championship & league 1
Women's team at St James Park

Why did they publish this pic without a keeper and only 11 players plus with a member of staff looking at a player. Very Unprofessional and why at SJP as that’s not their pitch or stadium.

Own Goal City