• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs MK D*ns build up thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suggest the club present Tisdale with a nice memento on the pitch just before kick-off. This will help diffuse any bad feelings, solicit applause from fans, and show we have some class. Let's face it, some of us got tired of him in the end but none of us hates him, so let's show a bit of appreciation

Colesman Ballz

I suggest the club present Tisdale with a nice memento on the pitch just before kick-off. This will help diffuse any bad feelings, solicit applause from fans, and show we have some class. Let's face it, some of us got tired of him in the end but none of us hates him, so let's show a bit of appreciation
We shouldn't spend a penny on him, he helped himself to JMT for free when he left and doesn't give a **** for the Club that provided him with a very good living for a dozen years !

Stelios

He's called Jordan Moore-Taylor :)

Maybe a rolling pin? Or name the pitch roller in his honour?

No hate here. There will be a few unpleasant things said to him behind the dug-outs and unpleasant songs from sections of the BB but I think the vast majority respect him and the job he did here. That doesn't mean they'll be cheering him on and laying out the red carpet. Mentioned it before (and can't see it happening) but it would be nice if 10 minutes before the game he walked out and applauded all sides of the ground. Won't happen and he'll probably say "today is not about me" etc etc but I think the reaction would be more positive than negative.

Then we can just get on with trying to beat each other.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I shan't be applauding Tisdale. Lost my respect when he pinched JMT in that shady free transfer, not to forget all of the 'I'm putting my career on hold' drivel he was spouting in the press before he left.

Ryan Harley on the other hand I hope will be afforded a standing ovation if he's brought on. One of the greatest players of the Trust era.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mentioned it before (and can't see it happening) but it would be nice if 10 minutes before the game he walked out and applauded all sides of the ground. Won't happen and he'll probably say "today is not about me" etc etc but I think the reaction would be more positive than negative.
Agree wholeheartedly. Think Tis can help to set the mood and doing as you suggest would be a nice gesture which might go some way towards ensuring it isn't too incendiary. That said, his aloofness was a big contributor to the current stand-off so I fear he's unlikely to do so.

dontpassback

Ha...That has got to be one of the pre match tunes along with the Ruts song,In a Rut..:D
What about Baker Street by Gerry rafferty:D

Colesman Ballz

The interesting one for me will be Steve Perryman. Given all the vitriol he spouted against the Club, will he absent himself from the match ?

Or if he comes, as a member of the MKD board, will he take up a seat in the Boardroom ? Sure.ly he might be in danger of choking on the refreshments on offer, given who was providing them ? On the other hand will he sit amongst the away supporters, leading the cheering ? :)

IndoMike

We shouldn't spend a penny on him, he helped himself to JMT for free when he left and doesn't give a **** for the Club that provided him with a very good living for a dozen years !
It's not about him : it's about us..But I guess you don't get that

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about Baker Street by Gerry rafferty:D
There was a busker playing the Raphael Ravenscroft sax solo in Exeter high street yesterday lunchtime... quite well, gave him some dosh. Love that tune.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There was a busker playing the Raphael Ravenscroft sax solo in Exeter high street yesterday lunchtime... quite well, gave him some dosh. Love that tune.
A few years ago that might have been Raphael Ravenscroft – he lived in Exeter – but sadly he died in 2014:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/oct/21/raphael-ravenscroft-baker-street-gerry-rafferty-saxophonist-dies