• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Blackpool FA Cup Round 1 matchday thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dreadful..2 goals in a the last 20 minutes really did flatter the Grecians.Never loooked like getting anything from this game after about 90 secs...The small away contingent christening the new St James Rd end just about summed the day up.

iscalad

O'Shea played really well. Collins should play more often. Abrahams was a handful when he came on. Gifted them the goals really. Not cutting out crosses and faffing about cost us a couple of goals. Showed a lot more in the second half. Opportunity missed to progress in the cup.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Thought Croll was all over the place

dontpassback

Defend like that in any level of football and you won’t win anything,Archie Collins played well,and Abraham’s looked good,Croll and tilson buggering about an the half way line led to the 3rd goal and matt Taylor must be pulling his hair out,it’s basic errors that are costing us,and whilst they scored 3 and slowed the game down well,Blackpool didn’t look brilliant,Martin was left out because he is on 4 yellow cards but without him we look shaky,croll needs to step up his game,and jake Taylor also needs to up his game.too little too late and an opportunity lost !

iscalad

Pete Martin (CTID)

First game I’ve seen in a while and the first 60 minutes was absolute rubbish , such is life.

From what I witnessed I don’t think Hamon is the answer when Pym can’t play and if Pym goes I’m not convinced he’s good enough to be no1

A decent rally for the last 20 minutes but it was game over at HT.

New stand looks good
The sad thing is that Hamon hasn't been culpable for any of the 7 goals conceded since he's been between the sticks. He's been a victim of shyte defending at times. Unfortunate for the lad and I do wonder how Pym's absence after a long period of custody of the goal has unsettled the defence as opposed to any actual errors by Hamon.

Positive spin

The sad thing is that Hamon hasn't been culpable for any of the 7 goals conceded since he's been between the sticks. He's been a victim of shyte defending at times. Unfortunate for the lad and I do wonder how Pym's absence after a long period of custody of the goal has unsettled the defence as opposed to any actual errors by Hamon.
Agree that Hamon has not been at fault for the goals conceded since his return to the team.

Bear in mind it is something like a year and a half since he was last between the posts for league games.

Thought Woodman put in a steady performance today and feel that he warrants to be selected ahead of Moxey who despite his wealth of experience has been a liability at times this season.

Collins looks as though he could be a good prospect and he needs the self belief that he can attack defenders as when he did it bore good results.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
BBC text said Sweeney went off due to injury? We really don't want any more missing so hope he can make next week, Tuesday isn't a problem.

Red Devon

Personally thought we played quite well today apart from the defending for the Blackpool goals...at 1:0 we were looking like we would get back on to level terms before they got their second...Law, Croll, Taylor, Stockley all looking comfortable against good league 1 opposition...but the big plus today for me was all about the arrival of Archie Collins to first team football....so good on the ball passing with super dribbling skills and crossing too....I don’t think going out of the Cup will do us any harm this season as we just don’t have the strength in depth this year to cope as recent results have shown...also Abrams is improving with some very good hold up play that reminded me very much like the way Ruben used to play...Thumbs up for the NOG too an excellent stand with a very good view of the game.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm glad we got the two goals back and showed some fight. The first 50 odd minutes before Abrahams came on sounded like we had nothing to offer and that substitution seemed to change our attitude and approach. We should play with that approach from 0-0 though, not when we are 3-0 down. Is Collins making a claim for his first team place while Boateng is out? He has proven far more useful than L.Martin.

Today was always going to be a game we would probably lose, but I'm glad we got to have a look at how we can do things differently. I'd like us to ditch the route 1 tactic and play on the floor more, our players are just so much better doing that. Dtockley on pens from now on, Sweeney can take a great pen but has been found out.
Absolutely right. Abrahams attitude a million percent better than Forte who was a lazy git.

Last edited: