• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford Utd EFL Trophy discussion thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Home to Ipswich in next round

IndoMike

The crux and why I boycott is that the Premier League are involved for one reason only, which is ultimately to get their B teams allowed into the EFL. This would effectively destroy the Football League competition for the fans of every other club. If the format of the league remains unchanged that would mean 20 Clubs pushed into non league, and what would happen to Clubs relegated from the Premier, would they be allowed to maintain B teams. By offering the carrot of money for the competition, which is being gobbled up by struggling clubs, they will make teams reliant on this. In the long term clubs are shooting themselves in the foot by going along with this. Yes it may be good for Matt to play fringe and youth players, but in the long run our major competition the EFL, could be devalued, changed beyond all recognition and rendered totally meaningless ! The Premier League have already devalued the FA Cup and League Cup by putting out carp teams, getting rules changed, to scrap replays, move later round games to midweek etc. They care nothing for fans or supporters of other teams. only themselves. There is so much more to football, than just the wrecking ball of the Premiership, and EFL Clubs should stop and realise that they are "turkeys voting for Xmas".
That is all very true.

Stelios

Different proposition to the Ipswich team we beat last year I fancy

Grecian2K

Could be far, far worse.
And, IIRC correctly they were the opposition when the sad, sad news filtered through about Stanno's tragic demise filtered through.
'Mickey Mouse' competition it may be but possibly a fitting (if opportunist) chance to at least part-fill the ground to remember one of our 'family'?

Rosencrantz

From 7:28 you can hear Dino Visser winding up the opposition before they take their penalties. Best 360 I've ever seen due to that. Looks like he properly got in their head. Confident bloke - has to start on Saturday for me.
Just watched it with my headphones on so I could hear properly. Was it Dino in goal or Andre Nel 😀 or more to the point... Gunther 😉

andrew p long

I had to laugh,there was a young lad(Quinn) who managed to get behind the goal when Oxfords players were on strike,waving his scarf to distract them :D
Will MT copy Jose Mourinho? Wasn’t there a Prem game (Spurs?) a week or two back when the ball boy helped get the winning goal from a quick throw in and got full honours,presented to the team at the next game etc?

Same for Quinn?

Tim Long

Surely there's more than fifteen?
Count 'em

Legohead

Banned
Count 'em
Just have done aha! Bang on 15 Tim. Thought there was more than that. Butter my arse!

Tim Long

Just have done aha! Bang on 15 Tim. Thought there was more than that. Butter my arse!
Eat my goal... the pause at fourteen made me think there was more than another one to come. Think I got the figure from a Partridge doc where Stephen Mangan, who played Dan, said that people shout 'Dan' at him in the street fifteen times.

Legohead

Banned
There ain't nobody around that pays more attention to detail than Partridge fans. Not even forensic scientists.