• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage Mental Health Awareness Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Today feels like a very important match in the context of our season. However, today has also been designated mental health awareness day and, as ever, our club and it's social media team have been doing amazing things.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's good that football is getting involved with this.
We blokes have been brought up to believe we are tough and can handle everything : stiff upper lip and all that.
Glad to see the taboo of mental ill health is being discarded : there's nothing to be ashamed of.
Hope today is a big success

Oldsmobile-88

Powerful interview from Zandie.

Legohead

Banned
One thing highlighting the problem. Another thing actually getting the help. I've been on a waiting list for 8 months for counselling up in Derbyshire. I've complained twice and now had to demand I be seen within 2 weeks otherwise I'll take my complaint to the CCC.

I also went to MIND a few years ago and they charge for counselling and their counsellor didn't appear to be very experienced or qualified. Not all rosy in the mental health sector.

When footballers have a problem they can access counselling straight away but if you are Joe public it's often not as straight forward as that and you can be left struggling with self help books to deal with things alone in the interim.

Demand is far outstripping resources for services and will continue to do so with lack of funding and increased demand due to an ever changing world. That said I would urge anyone struggling to let it all out and speak with someone. Take those first steps. It's vitally important.

Onto the game. We really should be beating Stevenage at home tbh. Anything other than a win and I will start to worry about our ability to see the job through of automatic promotion.

Also keeping a keen eye out for other results as we now have company at the top.

I'm going 2-0 to us. Bowman is due a goal again.

Last edited:

Bongo1959

Quite simple today 442 and win

Red Devon

Some very positive work being done by the EFL and the MIND charity at the moment and of course ecfc 👍👍

Off topic such a shame Pete Ferlie‘s running shop the Ironbridge Runner had to close down a few years ago...the only place where you could go to try a few pairs of running shoes out by going for a little jog up Lower North Street to see whether they felt right or not....product knowledge and customer service was second to none by all the staff...Also used to organise coach travel, hotel accommodation and a transfer over to the start for runners in the London Marathon back in the noughties.

IndoMike

An early goal might open the floodgates.
Pick the right team and go for the throat. No farking around.
4-0 City win.

Solo la victoria nos interesa!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back on track with a morale boosting three points please you mighty reds.

Oldsmobile-88

SJP very calm this morning.
13840AFE-C808-4B0F-A6C7-8920F3E3BF56.jpeg

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not in attendance today, as it's the wife's birthday, and I'm taking her out to London

I hope the players are up for this, and don't think this is an easy win.

Jason's preview