• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale 17/9/19 Match Day Thread

End Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrecianExile

Not a lot of need for concern but according to reports in the E&E (and my own observations) Ward looks hesitant on occasion. I did see one awful endeavor by him to deal with a shot v Port Vale, which surely nobody can deny? One on one's are certainly not his speciality.
Why do you constantly hammer the keepers Pete? We are a league two club with our starting goalkeeper fairly young in terms of age and games behind him and we have kept 5 clean sheets in 9 league games. Will he be perfect, no, like any player he might do slight things wrong but overall for the level we are at I think he’s done very well so far and needs our support not constant criticising. We all as fans have opinions that’s fine but you seem to pick on the goalkeepers in particular, what’s your goalkeeper background to make you an expert in this field?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Why do you constantly hammer the keepers Pete? We are a league two club with our starting goalkeeper fairly young in terms of age and games behind him and we have kept 5 clean sheets in 9 league games. Will he be perfect, no, like any player he might do slight things wrong but overall for the level we are at I think he’s done very well so far and needs our support not constant criticising. We all as fans have opinions that’s fine but you seem to pick on the goalkeepers in particular, what’s your goalkeeper background to make you an expert in this field?
Ohhhhh you've done it now ! Whatever you do DONT ask for credentials or certificates.

Red faced

I hate teams like Newport- they somehow manage to draw free kicks from their own physicality. Exeter try and play football but every single tackle from Newport was borderline or worse. When you add a ref of today’s calibre, it’s amazing to come away with a point. Ref genuinely gave us nothing today against a bunch of bloody thugs; his lack of punishment just enables teams like Newport to bully & shove their way past teams. Well done city

exeter-loyal

I hate teams like Newport- they somehow manage to draw free kicks from their own physicality. Exeter try and play football but every single tackle from Newport was borderline or worse. When you add a ref of today’s calibre, it’s amazing to come away with a point. Ref genuinely gave us nothing today against a bunch of bloody thugs; his lack of punishment just enables teams like Newport to bully & shove their way past teams. Well done city
Wrong thread by any chance?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's probably red-faced now.

Red faced

Lol ummmm yep!!

exeter-loyal

Lol ummmm yep!!
Drunk by any chance? :D

Information

So who has been given the second goal officially ??

Lee Martin or an O.G. ??

exeter-loyal

So who has been given the second goal officially ??

Lee Martin or an O.G. ??
Looking back on the highlights I'd say it was Lee Martins goal. I read somewhere on Saturday that His goal against Newport was his 4th of the season?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC are showing him on 4 Goals and Kabongo Tshimanga is now on 7 in the league below as is Jamie Reid and Liam McAlinden is on 6. The player what rejected Matts overtures Paul McCallum is on 4