• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale 17/9/19 Match Day Thread

End Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Goes to show what it's like without the drum, always those who think it's better, it is not. These are facts so stop kidding yourselves. You know who you are.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Thank you for competing." We're Exeter City, not Barcelona. This seems a little patronising...
Not meant to be patronising just fed up of teams game managing, feigning injury wasting time, etc. Port Vale in my opinion didn't do any of that that's what I was appreciative of

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Goes to show what it's like without the drum, always those who think it's better, it is not. These are facts so stop kidding yourselves. You know who you are.
I do agree, the drum made a huge difference in the second half.

In an ideal world we wouldn't need the drum, I'd much rather the BB was loud without it but as you mentioned, the reality is that without it the Bank is almost silent. Perhaps we've got ourselves too reliant on the drum and the Red Legion?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like the drum, but when it's right behind me at away games :)

IndoMike

It's still early but so far there don't seem to be any standout teams. With our solid defense, pretty good midfield, developing attack, hot competition for places (and therefore plenty of oxygen in the team) and a young, ambitious and demanding manager pushing them forward, I must say I'm very confident about this season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

geoffwp

Careful what you wish for though?
Sucess? Goals? Action? Good football? Movement and control? Effort? Yup. I wish for them all.

geoffwp

I disagree with grecian reds assessment of the atmosphere, drum or no drum. It definitely was not as he descibed it, not where we were on the bank.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not our greatest performance but the result is all that matters and come May 2020 no-one will recall the performance against Vale on a Tuesday night in September, only the 3 points.

Seymour struggled to get involved, much like Ajose when he played, and scuffed his one chance wide. Not a good starting league debut.

Richardson did Ok in the first half but was anonymous for the spell he played in the second. I'd certainly prefer Randall Williams to start games.

What a difference Williams and Lee Martin made when they came on. Some would argue they should have started, others would say it was a tactical masterclass bringing them on when Vale's defence was tiring, the truth is it worked so it was the correct thing to do.

Sparkes is quickly becoming a key player and he's going to be a real asset for us, hell of a left peg on him.

Its still early doors but all the signs are positive, including winning when we don't play particularly well. that said, Vale were the worst team to come to the park so far this season. They had key injuries, and it showed.

Colesman Ballz

It's still early but so far there don't seem to be any standout teams. With our solid defense, pretty good midfield, developing attack, hot competition for places (and therefore plenty of oxygen in the team) and a young, ambitious and demanding manager pushing them forward, I must say I'm very confident about this season.
Eer, yes there definitely is a stand out team, and deservedly they are currently top of the Division !