• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EXETER CITY V NORTHAMPTON TOWN MDT

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest, i wouldn't let yourself get too worked up over who is MoM, it's chosen by the Match Day Sponsors, without wishing to be rude to them, the majority of whom are not regular attendees at SJP. They may also not have actually watched the whole game, hospitality is quite likely to make somebody remain taking advantage of it before, during or after a game!
Too True

I remember one time not that many years ago when the sponsors were (IIRC) a stag do who chose Harley as MoM despite him having one of his poorest games, to much disbelief and hilarity around the ground.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Too True

I remember one time not that many years ago when the sponsors were (IIRC) a stag do who chose Harley as MoM despite him having one of his poorest games, to much disbelief and hilarity around the ground.
Which is why generally the announcement is now made at the end of the match. I think Tis was furious at the reaction of the crowd.

I was more more than happy that Exeweb sponsored Alex Fisher got MOTM.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
You'd think by now with twitter polls etc they could choose MoTM by the fans

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You'd think by now with twitter polls etc they could choose MoTM by the fans
When the Trust first took over you used to be able to vote for man-of-the-match by text message with the chance to win a pair of Flybe tickets; however, so few people took part it had to be scrapped.

Legohead

Banned
When the Trust first took over you used to be able to vote for man-of-the-match by text message with the chance to win a pair of Flybe tickets; however, so few people took part it had to be scrapped.
I didn't know this. I would have thought it was a great idea.

Did the text cost the sender a fee though? I'm on pay as you go so I don't think i can take part in votes ets that cost the sender a fee. So that would rule me out but if it was a sensible amount like 50p or something then i can't see why that would not be a success. Maybe the prize wasn't appealing?

STURTZ

Which is why generally the announcement is now made at the end of the match. I think Tis was furious at the reaction of the crowd.

I was more more than happy that Exeweb sponsored Alex Fisher got MOTM.
I didn't think Harley played badly at all, it was just that he missed a penalty IIRC.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
One match where I was in hospitality I chose the MOM for the sponsors as they weren't particularly clued up.

(Alex Nicholls, by the way)

One match where I was in hospitality I chose the MOM for the sponsors as they weren't particularly clued up.

TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.........I see Alex Nicholls regularly - he's currently at Stourbridge FC in their 1st team and doing some coaching as well. (y)

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think they probably were if they weren’t choosing Alex Nicholls 😉

iscalad

I didn't think Harley played badly at all, it was just that he missed a penalty IIRC.
Against Oldham, I believe