• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EXETER CITY V NORTHAMPTON TOWN MDT

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I start this thread with some trepidation.
City have.not been at their best (the usual nice football with not enough end product) and Northampton are on a roll.
Logic points to a draw or even worse, but this is City and it's Div 2. So even though I predicted a loss on Mr. Alistair s thread
I'm going for a 3-1 win with 3,800 attendance.
No idea what the team will be and can't be farked to type it anyway.
3 points would be mahoosive. Come on City :pull your finger out!

Rog H K

Back to bread and butter. 3 points please.
4-1😁

hardi2b

Going to be a tough one, hoof ball will I think prove ineffective, a sharp passing midfield and a high press to disrupt the opposition moving out of their own half would be good to see however, i am apprehensive that our passing through the second third the and movement up front will be creative enough. Perhaps start with 3 - 5 - 2 and move to 4 - 3 - 3
whatever the result looking forward to this one should be entertaining.. Believe ....2-1 UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will be a good test for both sides. I'd bring Visser, Parkes, Taylor and Fisher in for Maxted, Sweeney, Atangana and Fisher but knowing Matt Taylor he'll go for a unchanged team and tell them to show they can do better than they did against Hartlepool.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Popping down for this. Seems an age since I was at St James Park. We have a poor record against Northampton, would be great to get a rare win against them today.

Jason's preview

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Popping down for this. Seems an age since I was at St James Park. We have a poor record against Northampton, would be great to get a rare win against them today.

Jason's preview

Good preview 👍

exeter-loyal

Be a tight game Northamton have been getting results recently, going for a 1-1 draw.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Keith Curle back again with another different club. I like the way he goes about his business and, now that Bentley has gone from Morecambe, Curle is probably my favourite other L2 manager.

Now that Ajose is getting closer to his return I'm hoping our lot start finding the net thinking their position is in jeopardy. Win please guys.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Curle on the game.....https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/curle-sees-similarities-between-exeter-and-cobblers-ahead-of-crunch-clash-1-9167134

Can't get the link to work.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
A month or so back Northampton were unexpectedly dismantled at struggling Scunny and I'm hoping that today they just have one of those bad days that sides get from time to time.

If not they will be mightily difficult to beat. I'm going 3-1.