• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
Can we keep tabs with the pack in L2 by seeing off a decent Cobblers side experiencing a resurgence under boss Keith Curle? They are in great form with 5 wins out of 6 in the league although only one of those away, ironically at Curle's old haunt Carlisle. They are amongst the goals recently and with the likely inclusion of Vadaine Oliver in their side and his aerial threat I would expect Maxted to start between the sticks even if Visser does well tonight.

They'll be tough to beat but I feel I have to go for 3-1 to us.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm expecting this to be another bore draw similar to the Cheltenham game but would love to see either Seymour or Sparkes score their first goal.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think that Mr Taylor will be scratching his head re team selection. I would bring Richardson in for Sweeney (or could Woody play on the right?) and Taylor in for Law and Fisher in for Bowman.

Corey

The team selection tonight suggests to me that MT is planning to play Bowman and Seymour up top on Saturday. Would’ve preferred Fisher but would be glad to see Seymour.

Red Devon

Think we have an awful record against Northampton but that will count for nothing on Saturday,...hoping for a response after the disappointment of Sunday for what would be a massive 3 points if we could get them....would like to see Jake come back in for Nigel and wouldn’t be disappointed to see Parkes returns.

GJW

Lucky 2-0 win. Att: 4830. Me and the boy up for this one. Law and Aaron Martin to score. All guesses of course. Haven’t actually got a bloody clue what will happen, just like everyone else. Just live in hope.

grecIAN Harris

One of two things will happen. I'll finish work on time and it will be $4it or I won't finish work on time and it will be the best game of the season so far.

Rosencrantz

One of two things will happen. I'll finish work on time and it will be $4it or I won't finish work on time and it will be the best game of the season so far.
Still sore at being on holiday for the Ollie Watkins late show against the gargs 😄

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think that Mr Taylor will be scratching his head re team selection. I would bring Richardson in for Sweeney (or could Woody play on the right?) and Taylor in for Law and Fisher in for Bowman.
The problem is that the same starting eleven that played reasonably well against Crawley then had a shocker against Hartlepool.

grecIAN Harris

Still sore at being on holiday for the Ollie Watkins late show against the gargs 😄
No, Christmas is coming and you know what it's like for me at this time of year...……..