• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Macclesfield Town Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have paid no attention to pre season whatsoever so a brand new dawn for me. Points on the board now are vital, hope we can beat a team which, though poor, did the "doiuble" over us last season.

iscalad

Yer Tis. New season, new hope.

David Treharne

It's 18c and likely to get warmer, though not particularly much sunnier. The wind is flitting about all over the place, currently ENE having gone round from N, and looking likely to be moving towards SE. What does this portend? Probably just getting cloudier during the course of the day, but it'll be warm somewhere about 21 probably. Although we had rain earlier in the week there's no sign of rain today (famous last words!) and the sprinklers will be on from late morning. The ground is bone dry.
Having not seen a pre season game I'm warning all the people who sit near me I'll be the one asking "Who's that?' and "Where did they come from" as I seek to settle myself into another season of laughs/disappointments/ ecstasy..oh and of course two games against Argyle.
Update at 13:00

DB9

Well here we go again, 46 games over nine months or so and each team hoping, Most will be disappointed, Only a few will succeed and I'm hoping (Not Confident mind) that we'll be one of the few that will succeed. This for me has been a long close season, MT has his own team, No distractions like last year, He's prepared a team with what he has had available and now let's see how it does, I'm hoping we'll win today 3-1 and it will give us confidence for the months to come. UTC

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anybody mind if I wish Crewe and Stevenage all the best for a good results ?

Just this weekend though.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought not. UTC

David Treharne

It's 21c, with light grey cloud cover. The wind has shifted around to SE and for the last hour or so has been blowing around force 2. It's going to be clammy afternoon for playing football and expect lots of water bottle action! There will undoubtedly be sprinkler action. It's warm enough for me to wear my "Grecians on tour 2003-2004" polo shirt. In view of what's going on with Bury FC at the moment it's sad to see how many of the clubs that we played that season are no longer in business, but amazing where some of the others now find themselves in the EFL.
PS Looking forward to seeing the real Oldsmobile88 after his bewildering display of his many faces on Twitter!

DB9

I know it's our matchday thread but spare a thought for Leyton Orient today, I'm sure there will be more than a tinge of sadness at Brisbane Road after the sudden death of Justin Edinburgh earlier this year after guiding them back to the Football League

grecIAN Harris

I know it's our matchday thread but spare a thought for Leyton Orient today, I'm sure there will be more than a tinge of sadness at Brisbane Road after the sudden death of Justin Edinburgh earlier this year after guiding them back to the Football League
Apparently Cheltenham, Orient's visitors today, have prepared a bigger banner to go with all the things Orient are doing today to mark the occasion. Fair play to them. I'm surprised that the Football League haven't determined that there shouldn't be a minutes applause across all grounds today for Justin Edinburgh.

ryancooper327

I can see all of about 15 Macclesfield fans in the away section at the moment. Still early though.