• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient Match Day Thread.

exeter-loyal

Yards away from the 4th official, who was surely the one who gave it.
If he did it was a late call.

I find it absolutely astounding that people want to lay the blame for us not getting all three points at the feet of the referee and a linesman. Be honest, if we had won would the officials be getting very much of a mention? One person after another is having an outrageous dig in the wrong direction. Why not question Bowman, who missed two absolute sitters? Or perhaps Ward, who should have done a whole let better with their first goal? Its totally ridiculous to lay into the officials in such a manner when the team were dire when it mattered most. The referee has arrived at the level he's at because he's climbed the refereeing pyramid no doubt over many seasons. If he was so persistantly bad as people want to make out he'd be demoted FFS.
Hear what you say. However, with regard to RB, I imagine he may be low on confidence at the moment and also so much of scoring is luck-fine margins. I reckon he will come good. Other than one bet on City to be promoted and another to be champions this season, I don't bet generally. If I did, 15/8 on RB scoring on Tuesday night (provided he is playing, of course) sounds like a interesting wager. The other odds are 20-1 to score two (which I am fighting off temptation) and 66-1 to get a hatrick.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 360 version

What is the keeper doing for Sweeney's goal? Did Nicky Law's decoy run put him off that much?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, the referee might not have met with many exewebbers approval, but now having seen 'the penalty' at pitch level its plainly evident IT WASNT and he actually did make an error. Our player clearly stumbled over the ball with no foot to foot contact, nothing from the defender behind him sent him flat on his face like that. He even got up, got the ball and played on.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Well, the referee might not have met with many exewebbers approval, but now having seen 'the penalty' at pitch level its plainly evident IT WASNT and he actually did make an error. Our player clearly stumbled over the ball with no foot to foot contact, nothing from the defender behind him sent him flat on his face like that. He even got up, got the ball and played on.
Hope you have a lantern handy for fishing at midnight in Arizona !

DB9

Even after a couple of days since the game still feel a bit narked we didn't win, Getting the draw was ok but such a missed opportunity, We had the players to control the game but fell right into their game play, With a weak ref they got an undeserved point and with our players not able to kill off the game. I guess because I was actually there for a change instead of following it online it still bloody hurts. I don't see it as a point gained but three points lost

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Even after a couple of days since the game still feel a bit narked we didn't win, Getting the draw was ok but such a missed opportunity, We had the players to control the game but fell right into their game play, With a weak ref they got an undeserved point and with our players not able to kill off the game. I guess because I was actually there for a change instead of following it online it still bloody hurts. I don't see it as a point gained but three points lost
It's interesting how much more you get from being there. It was very frustrating to listen to on the radio, and you're not picking up other information due to lack of visuals. Good to have people comment that are at the match.

iscalad

Err, 2 points lost.

Anyway it's always different seeing the game live, in the round as such, rather than through the single eyed-lens of a camera. This always helps Exewebbers not to make daft comments.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pierce Sweeney in the EFL team of the week!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Match in a minute